531 1000% Awesome BBB or Beefcake Questions

Just clarification on if setting up 1000% awesome with BBB work instead of 5 x 5 @ 80-85% is ok?

For example:
Day 1:
Squats 5s (351)
Bench or Press 5 x 10 @ 60/50/70

increase and repeat

Or can Beefcake just like BBB be used as a 3 day plan?

One last question, is Beefcake a challenge template like BTM or is it a template that can be ran over and over again like BBB

Thank you for answering

Happy New Year to all

Building the Monolith can be run back to back: Jim says so himself in the article.

I would run BBB Beefcake ONE time first and decide how I feel after that. I’ve run it 3 times: each time, after it was done, I NEEDED a break, even if that break was going to Building the Monolith. Just something different.

I’ve ran Beefcake myself, it’s by far my favourite template, unfortunately I can’t commit to 4 days a week any longer so I’m after finding a decent alternative to Beefcake, BTM looks great but I’m after something more long term in the solution

Thank you for the response and keep those write ups coming there a great read

1 Like

Interesting to know that about BTM though thank you.

It’s worth appreciating that BtM is SIX days a week of training: not 3. Whenever I run BtM, my life revolves around training, eating, cooking and cleaning. I have to be LOCKED in.

Yeah totally agreed, however my life can facilitate a walk with a weighted vest pushing a baby around, or a 10 mile bike to work because it’s an excuse but getting to the gym more than 3 days a week is the issue

Monday: can get to the gym
Tuesday: sometimes get to the gym
Wednesday: can get to the gym
Thursday: eldest daughters army cadets middle of nowhere
Friday: can get to the gym
Weekend: no chance of almost anything

That’s my schedule that’s why I was looking at working BBB into 1000% but was unsure if it’s better or worse or the same as running Beefcake or forever BBB 3 days a week

I gained so much out of Beefcake not just size but confidence and quality of movements that I really want something similar to match my schedule without overstretching what I can achieve in my time frame

1 Like

Weighted vest walking and cycling are two of the three recommended conditioning workouts Jim recommends. That eliminates two gym days. The 3rd conditioning workouts is a prowler/sled workout