525 Deadlift @ 175 Bodyweight

I’m baaaack! :wink:

01/11/08
525 @ 175

Thanks. Yeah, I’m probably doing a strongman contest in Florida, April 5th. I have no idea about powerlifting meets. That would be cool too.

Cool. Although your form is kinda scary, lifting that weight is impressive. Keep getting stronger.

Shitttt… that was a really good lift. Well done!!

And it was probably clean enough to pass in a meet. One of my training partners used to shake like hell near lockout too. He felt high rep pull thru’s and stiff legs helped a ton if you’re looking for ideas!

After watching a certain DW video a couple of months ago I’m afraid to watch anymore.

heh not conventional but you get it done, nice lift. As long as your not getting any injuries with that form and its working keep at it.

Damn dude I remember when people were laughing at your 300s on other forums. Whos laughing now? Congrats man, You’ve come a long way, Your dedication inspires me.

[quote]JRT6 wrote:
After watching a certain DW video a couple of months ago I’m afraid to watch anymore.[/quote]

shudders at the horror of the DW sex pics

Massive lift man! Maybe some really heavy rack pulls from just above the knee to help the shakiness at the top? What is your deadlift training like? Do you pull on a regular basis or what?

[quote]JRT6 wrote:
After watching a certain DW video a couple of months ago I’m afraid to watch anymore.[/quote]

Um, you mean a couple of -years- ago, not months.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Shitttt… that was a really good lift. Well done!!

And it was probably clean enough to pass in a meet. One of my training partners used to shake like hell near lockout too. He felt high rep pull thru’s and stiff legs helped a ton if you’re looking for ideas![/quote]

Thanks.

Yeah, those are good ideas. I never tried pullthroughs and haven’t done stiff-leg deadlifts in a long time.

[quote]MikiB wrote:
Damn dude I remember when people were laughing at your 300s on other forums. Whos laughing now? Congrats man, You’ve come a long way, Your dedication inspires me.[/quote]

Thanks.

Yeah, I can definitely see my progress after I watch my older videos and compare them to the new ones.

[quote]autodiadect wrote:
Massive lift man! Maybe some really heavy rack pulls from just above the knee to help the shakiness at the top? What is your deadlift training like? Do you pull on a regular basis or what?[/quote]

That 525 was done the week after the Brad Gillingham deadlift routine was finished. That was the 2nd time I did that routine. It had me alternating between deadlifts and rack pulls from week to week which is good because I think my CNS becomes fatigued if I pull too heavy from the floor every week.

Here’s the routine:

That’s really great man. btw youtubesque comment, but what’s the song on the vid? and i’d love to see pics/videos from your contest in april!

The song is Lamb of God - Descending.

Good job DW, you’ve come a long way from when I first saw your videos.

Wow! Very impressive Max! Your form was pretty damn good considering that was a 1 rep max. But a triple body weight pull with any form is deserving of respect. Great job!

Thanks, guys.