T Nation

52 and Need Advice on T Please

My T total was 171 ng/dl .... flag range 129-767. Dr said at my age it should be 300 so he gave me a shot and said to come back in 3 mo for test. It was better for 2 weeks but the last 2 weeks I have a decrease in libido sex drive and a little more fatigued. My DR has not been praticeing Med very long......Should I wait for the 3 mo or go back now to see him now ?

I would wait 3 months and demand in depth blood tests (why is your testosterone so low?) without taking the other 'shot'...whatever the shot was.

Get him to order:
CBC w/ lipids
free testosterone (already know the total is low)
total t3, t4
free t3,t4
tsh
prolactin
estrogen
cortisol
dhea
vitamin d
lh
fsh

you need to know if you have primary (testicular failure) or secondary (brain issue/other problem) hypogonadism. also you need your other hormones checked out like thyroid, adrenal (the stuff listed above will give you a good insight).

Why on Earth would you wait 3 months before getting blood tests? This guy is in Alabama, so Nebido (long acting ester) is probably not what he was given---he was probably given a mega dose of T-cyp, which is absolutely retarded to test after 3 months...his doctor is an idiot

OP: Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, you should run far far away from this doctor...he wants to give you a shot every 3 months and hop ehtat cures you? This is an idiot of the worst kind...read the stickeys here and you will figure out why...

Need more info from you--what dose did he give you...what type....need ranges for your bloodwork....need all relevant bloodwork...

You have some learning to do

Yeah who even knows what the shot was it may not even have been any hormone the OP was very vague. You're right if it was testosterone that is idiotic and will give him wild fluctuations.

DO NOT SEE THIS DR AGAIN HE HAS YOU ON A ROAD TO DISASTER. READ THE STICKIES THERES ALOT OF HARD FACTS OF WHAT WE HAVE ALL BEEN THROUGH. WHEN YOU SEE A DR. BEFORE YOU LET HIM TREAT YOU ASK HIM SOME VERY KEY QUESTIONS.

1 DO YOU TREAT NORMAL OR OPTIMAL/SYMPTOMS. ANSWER OPTIMAL/SYMPTOMS
2 WILL WE CONTROL ESTROGEN. IF THEY SAY ITS NOT A FACTOR RUN.
3 CAN WE INJECT FREQUENTLY. IF THEY SAY YOU DONT NEED TO RUN.

I'VE DONE ALMOST ALL PROTOCOLS FROM GP'S AND ENDO'S. THE PROTOCOL IN THE STICKIES SEEMS TO WORK WELL FOR MOST ON HERE.
I PERSONALLY LIKE TO USE PROPIONATE AND AROMASIN. I INJECT EVERYDAY USE AROMASIN EOD AND HCG 2X/WK.
YOUR BODY PRODUCES STABLE LEVELS EVERYDAY THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO MIMIC NOT HIGH TODAY AND LOWER AND LOWER FOR THE NEXT 89 DAYS THEN HIGH AGAIN.

LOCAL DR'S/ENDO'S/ROLOGIST SUCK LOOK INTO SOME HRT CLINICS. I'VE BEEN USING THE SAME ONE FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND ITS THE BEST MOVE I'VE MADE FOR MY WELL BEING AND HEALTH. YOU CAN PM ME IF YOU WANT TO ASK ?'S

Thanks to all for advice.

The first bloodwork...
T total was 171 ng/dl .... flag range 129-767
CBC...Normal except....Hematocrit was high 51.8% ....range 37% to 51%
Platelet was low 136 k/ul range 140 to 440 k/ul
TSH (Third Generation) was normal 1.261 uIU/ml .... flag range 0.40 to 5.50 uIU/ml
B12 was 501 flag range 211 to 911 pg/ml
Total cholesterol 134
HDL was low 31 with >= 60 Desirable
LDL was 81
Triglyceride was 112
Kidney and Liver was ok

He gave me a T shot but not sure of dosage.

Before I went to the DR I had been carb cycling for a month. Could this be why I had that low of T ?

It could CONTRIBUTE to it...but I doubt it is the reason for it...Start supplementing with a B-complex twice a day. Your thyroid is most likely fine (even though you didn't get free t3,t4). Get those tests I suggested. And stop the carb cycling to see if it improves dramatically or not.