5'11", 152 Pounds. Looking to Start Anavar

Tbh, he would be better, eating, training hard, getting ample rest, supplementation if need be. But the poster asked if anyone had experience with the drug, I stated my experiences and I stand by that. End off

1 Like

Thanks mate, really appreciating these answers. I think I’ll half these pills and start there. Were you sticking to 25mg a day? Or were you taking half in the morning and half at dinner, getting the full 50mg? My mates, who as I said, are also inexperienced, were taking a 50mg pill in the morning and one at night, getting in 100mg a day, which now sounds a bit mad. One thing I haven’t been able to get a clear answer on is dosage. But going by several answers, I’d say either half a pill a day, or half in the morning and the other half in the evening.

Cheers

Cheers again! Any hints on what I should be eating then? I’ve always been under the impression that a balanced diet with the contents I mentioned was best for bulking, possibly ill informed on that.

I’ll refer to my early post;

12 eggs a day split into 2 servings ontop of your existing food intake.

Yes seriously.

I happen to know Alex is on a work out plan that dictate 1 1/2lbs of mince and 12 eggs a day.

Post in the B/S/L section for more general advice.

1 Like

This isnt quite true, please refer to the third reply to this very thread.

Taking Anavar, which is anabolic, causes your body to stop producing Testosterone, which is also anabolic. 1 + 1 - 1 = 1.

The reason it’s always recommended to use a testosterone base with orals is to prevent this trade off. The benefit to swapping the anavar you’re taking for the testosterone you are already producing is going to be small, if anything, in the short to medium term and possibly negative in the long term. As @now_i_care said, Testosterone plays a lot of important roles in the body, turning off that production comes with risks. You’re getting a small potential benefit with potentially significant risks.

Have you considered that after you finish your anavar cycle that your natural testosterone might take a long time to recover to normal levels? Assuming all goes well and your anavar is real, you have say 6 weeks where you are more anabolic than normal by a little bit, followed by 4 months where you are less anabolic than normal, because you arent on anavar anymore and your natural T hasnt recovered.

Have you considered that after you cycle finishes, that even if your T recovers quickly, it might never recover to its previous level?

Have you considered that its only after your T has recovered that your downstream hormones will start to balance? Im talking DHT, estrogen and prolactin as the obvious ones. Have you considered that these hormones all play important roles in the body as well, notably in your libido and erectile function, as well as heart health?

Given all the potential risks posed, either direct side effects of the drug, or side effects long term from supression etc, ask yourself is a lb of extra actual muscle gain worth it?

You weigh 150lbs and have been training for one year. You can still be gaining muscle hand over fist for a few years with absolutely zero risk. Why aren’t you?

1 Like

Yea, @carlbm is bang on, eggs are money for gains, if you’re very lean or skinny and struggling to gain weight you can afford to ease up, don’t go smashing McDonald’s all day long but my bulking includes the occasional pizza along side meat potatoes and veg, I struggle gaining weight (5k cals per day at present) I’m drinking protein shakes with double cream (60g whey, 200ml cream = 1200 cals).

Key thing is though to make sure you’re training hard enough to earn the extra cals and not just get fat. I’d suggest you want more weights and a squat rack as a minimum. Don’t be the guy who skips leg day!

Complete loss after 2 weeks on even with running high Test. When used with moderate Test and Masteron I did not experience that but also did feel less than great on it. I would not take it by itself. Even if you didn’t get any negative side effects you likely won’t get much in the way of positive effects either. At 5’11 152 lbs no one is going to notice much of a difference in you after 6 weeks on Anavar by itself. Run some Test, gain 20 lbs, have a surge in libido, get a shit ton of compliments like “Wow you don’t look like you’re 30 lbs under weight anymore” and come here and thank me for such amazing advice.

4 Likes

Now that’s a lot of protein.

Of course you are. The usual chicken and rice and broccoli. But you lack stuff with this diet. Where’s the fat? Salmon, eggs, avocado, nuts bla blabla You’re skinny, maybe try eating some pizza or whatever once in a while.

Used to be your weight at 6"1. It takes times. I’d say eat more and be more patient before you go the enhancement route. There’s only so many cycles you can do before your body tells you to fuck off one way or another (hair, gyno, heart, kidneys, etc…) so I’d say perfect your muscle building abilities as a natural before jumping the gun

5 Likes

To chime in and simplify - you’re trying to use illicit, potentially permanently-damaging drugs to achieve results 99% of humanity can achieve with just a solid effort. I would start by eating more and training harder/smarter man, shortcutting basic gains by using drugs will result in a) temporary gains that go away when you stop; or b) a permanent reliance on drugs because you didn’t learn to eat or train properly. If you’re only doing this so that you do better than your friend, you need to earn it. It’s a hollow victory if you resort to drugs to beat them. Work harder and smarter.

1 Like

So you reckon I’ll be better off injecting just test? Or test with Var?

I’m in no way doing this to best my friend. I’m saying we’ve been training for the same length of time and his gains are a lot more than mine. Similar diet. I’m a slow gainer and I’m fed up of putting in hard work and getting little to no results.

Gets delivered in a bin lorry each day

Just stay natty for now. How long have you been lifting? Part of the reason to wait is to see if this gym lifestyle is for you. Why take a risk, if you aren’t going to be in the gym long-term. Many think they will be, but the stats don’t back that up.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a faster metabolism than your friend and need to eat more. Different things work for different people. You should eat until you’re gaining 1 pound a week minimum. I’m absolutely not trying to be a dick here by being direct, but you’re about to make a mistake and the dudes here telling you not to go on gear are doing it for your own good. Using gear to get newbie gains is a direct metaphor for losing your virginity to a prostitute.

1 Like

Has anyone in here ever actually taken Anavar on it’s own, or stacked with something else? 2 mates have taken it with pleasing results which they haven’t lost after cycle. I’ve also recently found out that 3 lads in my local gym are/were on an anavar only cycle for an extensive period of time. Blood came back spot on. The lad who was on it the longest, his test is at the lower end of the spectrum but it’s after a 12 week cycle.

Cheers

Most will end up fat if they gain that quickly. One can’t gain 52 lbs of quality mass in a year (aside from someone going on a full BBer cycle with good genetics). I would shoot for closer to 1/4 lb a week, but I’ve also been fat in the past and it is a fear of mine going back to fat.

That’s a fair point, but (unless there’s a significant inaccuracy in food tracking) it seems like OP may need a little more aggression to gain muscle. Coming from a newly fat-ish guy, though. Mostly looking to get OP to realize they CAN gain without going on gear, so they make the decision based on evidence rather than “I can’t gain on the same strategy as my friend so I’m disadvantaged and need gear.”

But, as I’ve said before, you could be right and I respect you for it.

1 Like

Yes, twice. It’s the first oral that I would recommend to someone who was ready to add something onto their existing test base. But everyone here is telling you that you’re not ready and there’s a reason for that.

2 Likes

Thanks again lads. I started my cycle yesterday. 1 50mg in the morning, and again this morning.

I have reconsidered and I’m coming off before I’m too far in.

2 Likes

My first cycle ever was a var only. I was about 22 at the time and a whole lot dumber. I lasted about 30 days before i suffered servere fatigue, no libido and bordering on depression and had to come off. The strength and gains i had made while on were pretty much lost during pct. Feeling shitty stuck around longer. Really dont recommend it. Maybe some can handle it but ill never gamble with my wellbeing like that again.

On 50mg var right now with a test base. Whole different story. Feel great, strength gains are great and sexdrive in hyperdrive

2 Likes