510 LB Squat - 8 LBS Over The Record

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
That looks beautiful. Good luck at your meet![/quote]

oh gosh you guys…your gonna make me blush!!

made it look easy man. gonna smoke mid 5s at the meet.

Now if you can only get a testosterone t shirt in time for the meet… Hahahaa

[quote]johnson575 wrote:
Now if you can only get a testosterone t shirt in time for the meet… Hahahaa[/quote]

well, its no T-Nation shirt but i have got my hands on an EliteFTS shirt to prove my superior lifting ability lol

Very nice! Good luck at the meet!

I hate to be the only with something not super positive but I thought the depth was debatable. I should point out that I have not judged a NASA meet but I am thinking they are similar to USAPL or AAU. You are certainly pretty close but in my opinion it is always better to be clearly deep than just close becaue it might go either way. Also it is cool to watch yourself from a front/side view like you have but a full side view with the camera about hip height would make it a lot easier to judge depth and it might also show you are right there.

You certainly might get all whites with those but again it is close and I would hate for you to be disappointed on the day of the meet. It looks like you have the strength to drop it another inch or two and still dominate it. Good luck with the training, I hope you get that record and raise it up significantly.

Tim

[quote]ajcicconi15 wrote:

2 weeks till the meet and here I am squating 510. The record for the junior 220’s is 502
I expect to go for 540 on meet day.

Taking all criticism, critiques, and compliments[/quote]

First- MAD PROPS- for facing away from the freakin mirror. Second,I’m impressed by the fact that after you take the weight you don’t stand there and dance around wasting energy getting set up. Solid set up and form. You’ve obviously been working hard!! I noticed someone was giving you lifting commands- That’s great. Come meet time you’ll be fine. I’d take the 510 on your second attempt. This will let you beat the record by a little and on your 3rd go smash that shit with the 540. I think your depth is good. Hopefully you wont have a dick judge and wants your shit super low. Pay attention to the dept calls and adjust if need be. Let us know how it works out for you.

9-4-9 = dream day…

I’ve only done a handful of SSA meets, but sometimes you have a Judge who likes to call squats high. Why I don’t know and most of the time it’s debatable. See how you feel during warm ups, if you feel good take 510(that is the record right)as your second lift. Your squat is extremely strong and you mechanics look good. Video taping yourself from the side is a great suggestion,if you run into any depth issues. GOOD LUCK BRO!!! Where is the meet??? and when if it is local.

well done man. good luck at your meet. keep us updated.

Im no good at doing multiple quotes in one post so ill just do it like this

Tim
Just about every lift i have i never feel like im deep enough, but with the group i train with being comprised of experienced lifters they all seem to think that I drop them to the basement. If it werent for them id never think i got depth but i feel confident tht depth wont be a huge issue for me on meet day, Im glad you wrote because i need somebody to pick this lift apart lol

SD
My dad (BlueCollarTr8n) has been lifting competitively for as long as ive been alive so i left all my training and coaching in his very experienced hands. For the last 6-8 weeks weve been lifting without the mirror to get used to looking out into the room like i will on meet day. Ive been to tons of his meets so i was very familiar with the different commands on the lifts but weve also been performing them to the commands for a while now too.

[quote]ajcicconi15 wrote:
Im no good at doing multiple quotes in one post so ill just do it like this

Tim
Just about every lift i have i never feel like im deep enough, but with the group i train with being comprised of experienced lifters they all seem to think that I drop them to the basement. If it werent for them id never think i got depth but i feel confident tht depth wont be a huge issue for me on meet day, Im glad you wrote because i need somebody to pick this lift apart lol

SD
My dad (BlueCollarTr8n) has been lifting competitively for as long as ive been alive so i left all my training and coaching in his very experienced hands. For the last 6-8 weeks weve been lifting without the mirror to get used to looking out into the room like i will on meet day. Ive been to tons of his meets so i was very familiar with the different commands on the lifts but weve also been performing them to the commands for a while now too.[/quote]

I am on your side and hope you nail that record. I second the idea of not squatting with a mirror (we cover ours up with either a sheet or some stretching pads) as feeling what it is like in the hole is different from seeing it. If I were running your numbers they would probably look something like 470-480 opener, 510-515 2nd, and then whatever you want on the third but probably 530-540 if you are feeling good. If you do miss the first lift on depth don’t increase the weight (nerves can do crazy stuff to you), just repeat and nail it and then go to the record for your third attempt. Good luck with it.

good job man… keep it up

Well Done, Good Bro.
I just started a log after being stuck at 425 for awhile
be sure to stop by and help me up to the 500’s!!

will the meet be recorded?
show your lift(s) here!

here is the link to the meet results post along with video of the entire meet for any of yall that are interested