5'10, 175, Age 24 Considering Entering Men's Physique

Hi all, I’ve been contemplating entering into my first competition, potentially next year. I’d like to compete in the Men’s Physique class. I’ve been training for about 8 years, and eating well for 2. My shoulders are my weakpoint, they have poor dimension and width. Your advice and/or feedback is appreciated.

Measurements:
Chest - 44
Hips - 39
Waist - 30
Arms - 15.8
Calves - 14.5

Cals Cutting: 2350-2400
Macros: 45/35/20 (pro/fat/carb)

Over the next 6 weeks I’ll dwindle the cals down to about 2000-2050 and cycle carbs. From there I’ll transition into gaining 2-3lbs per month over the next 6 months.

I have replacement pictures for the current ones. If a moderator could kindly assist swapping them out I’d appreciate it.

Fixed and replaced.

pull your pants up.

Pull your pants up X2.

What is your diet like? Training?

Don’t know much about physique or particularly like it, but I am sure you can be given some advice provided more information.

Try high volume for shoulders, check out Jon Meadows stuff. And for physique I honestly think you should do a cycle of like Prop/Var/Mast

Or something to that extent and then you’d kill it in a physique contest.

Ohh and its physique so work on your calves.

[quote]Bauber wrote:
Pull your pants up X2.

What is your diet like? Training?

Don’t know much about physique or particularly like it, but I am sure you can be given some advice provided more information.[/quote]

I apologize to the community for coming so incorrect…I didn’t read the rules, my details were insufficient, and my newness doesn’t help.

I’ve retaken some pictures for better evaluation. I’ll also edit my first post and include nutrition details. I do appreciate you calling this out.

Much appreciated.

Back.

[quote]Pyrrhic wrote:
Legs:[/quote]

[quote]Pyrrhic wrote:

[quote]Pyrrhic wrote:
Legs:[/quote]
[/quote]

Nice upper legs. Take it from me who has the same problem, you gotta hit those calves. You seem to know you need some shoulder work so have at it. Overall you are headed in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

Do you do any weighted dips or overhead pressing?

Wide grip weighted chest dips, leaning forward as much as possible and going until elbows are 90 degrees, or until feeling the stretch in the pecs; and behind-the-neck presses, have done quite a bit for adding width across the shoulders and across the chest for me. Both of those have contraindications based on shoulder mobility so make your own call. But I’d suggest giving those a shot in the 8-12 range.

As far as the credibility of Meadow’s shoulder workouts, take a look at zraw’s threads in the BB forum. Very different approach.

I still have a long ways to go, personally, so take that for what it’s worth.