500x20 Deadlift

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Did he play any sport[s]? He’s built like an athlete as opposed to your traditional powerlifter.[/quote]

??

[quote]FightorFlight wrote:

not to mention that not only is he damn good, but hes really tall too. he is 6 foot 7 and 285-295 lbs[/quote]

I thought I recognized one of the guys in the background of the video then the video title confirmed it. They’re throwing a meet this weekend but I wasn’t planning on going, not sure if its their big one or not but maybe I should go check it out after all.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Did he play any sport[s]? He’s built like an athlete as opposed to your traditional powerlifter.[/quote]

??

[/quote]
Sorry if that was vague or sounded like an insult to powerlifters. I meant with his build [very tall, long arms, broad shoulders, lean] he looks like he played DE or small forward before gaining mass. You generally don’t see many powerlifters his size with his build.

Thats my boy Vincent Urbank, does strongman and PL, focusing more on PL these next few months, trying to break some records then get back in the swing of strongman. Hes about 6’7", Im 6’5" and hes got me by a few inches. I dont THINK he played anything, I know hes a military guy though, he is a MONSTER! Right now I think hes training out of FL.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

??

[/quote]
Sorry if that was vague or sounded like an insult to powerlifters. I meant with his build [very tall, long arms, broad shoulders, lean] he looks like he played DE or small forward before gaining mass. You generally don’t see many powerlifters his size with his build.[/quote]

Didn’t think you were insulting anyone, I was just confused as to what made you think “athlete” when you saw him.

What’s his max?

His camera man needs to learn how to count. He only did 19 cuz the guy got lost around 13-ish. That’s some crazy deadlifting regardless, but counting failures bother me.

Check out this strapping young fella:

Gary Heisey who held the deadlift record for a very long time was about 6.5 tall as well.

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
Unfortunately this isn’t me. But how the fuck do you get this strong?

500 for 20 reps bounced is not really that amazing. Its the beltless thing that I think Is amazing.

Before the Next strongman comp I hope to break the 20 barrier (I hit 12 at the last comp)

His 1rm is awesome though!

Amazin, also the bench is impressive

[quote]gethuge08 wrote:
His camera man needs to learn how to count. He only did 19 cuz the guy got lost around 13-ish. That’s some crazy deadlifting regardless, but counting failures bother me.[/quote]

He did two after the cameraman said, “One more”. The lifter was counting correctly.

Yeah its pretty much genetics, pushing yourself as hard as you can, making that diet your damn bitch, and being motivated like hell while in the gym and in the kitchen. Not letting anything get in the way that might slow you down like partying and staying out late.

This dude is probably serious as shit about lifting.

my attempt…yes disappointed.

[quote]hulk963 wrote:
[/quote]

What does your DL training look like? I take it you don’t normally do 10+ except for this 20 rep attempt.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]hulk963 wrote:
[/quote]

What does your DL training look like? I take it you don’t normally do 10+ except for this 20 rep attempt.[/quote]
heavy every other week, sometimes speed pulls on the light weeks…and RDL’s as often as I feel my back can handle.

hulk963: very nice performance bro… i’m impressed…

its guys like these that make you feel like your lifts aren’t really much

vince will be 23 this year in november. he is a former training partner of mine based outta jacksonville florida! he is a monster. his diet is excellent and he has a great work ethic. a former marine, he is done serving our country and is now one of the top ten american amatuer strongmen in the country. certified on the coc #3. here is a link to his blog http://jaxraw.blogspot.com/ follow him closely he will be a force for years to come!

[quote]gethuge08 wrote:
His camera man needs to learn how to count. He only did 19 cuz the guy got lost around 13-ish. That’s some crazy deadlifting regardless, but counting failures bother me.[/quote]
Yeah, the camera man lost count at 13, but Urbank still did twenty.

edit sorry. didn’t see another poster already commented on this.

Here’s another 500x20…from a 20 year old kid.