T Nation

500lbs Deadlift Thread

i thought if there is a 500lbs squat thread why not a 500lbs dead lift one im currently 165lbs or 75kgs and my curent best deadlift is 215 or 480 im hoping to deadlift 500lbs next week some time

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:

Your missing the point! What realy matters is that he is 17![/quote]

You’re not gonna let it go, are ya newb?? haha

[quote]golferguy12 wrote:
Uber N3wb wrote:

Your missing the point! What realy matters is that he is 17!

You’re not gonna let it go, are ya newb?? haha [/quote]

Sooner or later… That thread just kills me.

thats a good idea il do one after i get back im not realy training at the moment just resting.

This should be renamed the 600lb deadlift thread.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
This should be renamed the 600lb deadlift thread.[/quote]

agreed, and I only have a 445 dead

I’m still working on getting 500, don’t leave me out! LOL

when i get back il make a 600lbs deadlift thread and put in a training log.

[quote]powerliftingjake wrote:
when i get back il make a 600lbs deadlift thread and put in a training log.[/quote]

make the 600lb deadlift thread your training log…

And in it say anyone who is chanseing a 600lb deadlift feel free to jump in etc.

I just hit 500 about 1.5 months ago. Since then I have been dieting and have lost 20lbs on a TBT program and a restricted diet. During this time I haven’t gone over 405, which I do for 6-10 reps during a TBT day.

I don’t know when I’ll start going heavy again, but when I do I will probably try to bring up my squat and ignore the DL for awhile.

Oh, and the funny thing was that the day I hit 500 I was practically giving myself high-5’s at the gym. Nobody knew why I was so excited obviously. When I got home I looked in the mirror and almost every single blood vessel in my face was blown and it looked like I was vomiting all night.

It was worth it.

Hit 500 during the summer; 600 would be fucking bad ass.

Got 505 2 weeks ago in my garage. Wife was cheering me on.

So if I may ask, is this the 500lb Raw deadlift club or is it both raw and/or using a suit?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
This should be renamed the 600lb deadlift thread.[/quote]

That was my first thought.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
So if I may ask, is this the 500lb Raw deadlift club or is it both raw and/or using a suit? [/quote]

I don’t what ‘raw’ entails, but I used nothing but chalk. No belt, suit, straps etc…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
So if I may ask, is this the 500lb Raw deadlift club or is it both raw and/or using a suit?

I don’t what ‘raw’ entails, but I used nothing but chalk. No belt, suit, straps etc…[/quote]

Belts dont help much at all in the deadlift, Im sure there are people who will say belts dont help at all.

Raw Deadlift = Belt + chalk, stickum or what ever you use to keep your hands dry.

And in all honesty deadlift suits dont help much either, maybe 20lbs, I have heard alot of people saying they cant pull as much in a deadlift suit because it screws up thier setup.

So it dosent realy matter if they lift equiped, all that matters is if they move it from the floor without hitching and do it with bare hands.

But thats just my opinion.

I’m actually interested to see how much a trap-bar or some straps would add to my DL.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I’m actually interested to see how much a trap-bar or some straps would add to my DL.[/quote]

If your a quad dominant conventional deadlifter with a weak grip then you will get alot of weight out of it.

I may be weird but I can hold a whole crap more than I can deadlift. I’ve hit 460 without anything but a belt and I know I could have held much more.

For me it’s always my lower back that’s the problem.

I’ve hit 500. Goal for the meet in Jan is 600.

Here’s a 495x2

Thrusting the hips forward at toward the end makes a huge difference for me.