500lbs Deadlift, 11 Reps

This is one of my good buddies deadlifting 500 lbs for 11 reps with no straps…he’s 6’2" 250 lbs. What do you guys think?

[quote]jbird643 wrote:
This is one of my good buddies deadlifting 500 lbs for 11 reps with no straps…he’s 6’2" 250 lbs. What do you guys think?

Nice vid! Now, where is your 500lb x11??

I think he should bring his grip in and get a better belt.

Am I the only person who hates the “oh hey my buddy did this” threads? Yeah, some of them we get some pretty awesome videos in here, but what’s the point? There is no discussion really created, and unless it’s in a meet, it’s not that important.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
Am I the only person who hates the “oh hey my buddy did this” threads? Yeah, some of them we get some pretty awesome videos in here, but what’s the point? There is no discussion really created, and unless it’s in a meet, it’s not that important.[/quote]

Yeah and bandwidth is so expensive nowadays, and teenagers in college have so little free time on their hands…

what’s his max?

Its okay but nothing really worth bragging about. Could probably get a few more reps if he changed to a narrower grip.

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
Its okay but nothing really worth bragging about.[/quote]

Seems pretty good to me.

Out of interest to you and anyone else here who thinks this is merely “okay” how many times can you DL 500 in this fashion (serious question, am honestly interested).

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Seems pretty good to me.

Out of interest to you and anyone else here who thinks this is merely “okay” how many times can you DL 500 in this fashion (serious question, am honestly interested).[/quote]

His max is 380x1.

I wish I had a meme generator, but I’m at work, so you’ll just have to use your imagination here.

“Repping 100+ more than my max for 11?”

makalyanotimpressed.jpg

I really would like to know why this forum has gotten so shitty in the past few months.

Im just speaking from a bw to strength ratio standpoint. I don’t think I would have a problem repping 2x my bw for 20 reps. My best pull was 391 in a meet in June. Right now my estimated is somewhere around 423 according to the 531 calculations. I don’t think I’m all that or anything. I understand its easier for smaller guys such as myself (132) to lift more.

Didn’t mean to start anything. He asked what we thought, and I think its good, but nothing spectacular.

Nathan

Oh Jesus, here we go with the “bodyweight to strength” argument. You do realize they don’t use bodyweight to strength to calculate best lifters in powerlifting right? THat is why there is a WILKS forumla.

The only people that give a shit about bodyweight ratios are skinny guys who likely are not all that strong to begin with.

So retarded.

Im just speaking from a bw to strength ratio standpoint. I don’t think I would have a problem repping 2x my bw for 20 reps. My best pull was 391 in a meet in June. Right now my estimated is somewhere around 423 according to the 531 calculations. I don’t think I’m all that or anything. I understand its easier for smaller guys such as myself (132) to lift more.

Didn’t mean to start anything. He asked what we thought, and I think its good, but nothing spectacular.

Nathan[/quote]

LOL - so your max is 390 yet 500 x 11 is only “okay” and “nothing to brag about”???

A vid is posted in which the weight is a million fucking miles more than your max and is easily done for many reps and you are not impressed?!

What a typical internet forum response. I’m sure in real life you would have gone up to him and said “wait a minute pal let’s work out the pound for pound relative strength differential” and he would have said “fuck off and go back to repping your 3 plates you little pussy.”

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Seems pretty good to me.

Out of interest to you and anyone else here who thinks this is merely “okay” how many times can you DL 500 in this fashion (serious question, am honestly interested).[/quote]

I pulled 495 for 10 at a bodyweight of 195 (I rested for a minute and got another 1, fell forward onto my face for the second rep) a few months ago, and just recently hit 545 for 7 at the same weight (rested again to get an 8th).

Granted, I used straps, so it wasn’t exactly in this fashion. Something erupts in my left hand whenever I pull heavy without straps, so I save that for meets.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Seems pretty good to me.

I pulled 495 for 10 at a bodyweight of 195 (I rested for a minute and got another 1, fell forward onto my face for the second rep) a few months ago, and just recently hit 545 for 7 at the same weight (rested again to get an 8th).

Granted, I used straps, so it wasn’t exactly in this fashion. Something erupts in my left hand whenever I pull heavy without straps, so I save that for meets.
[/quote]

Cool - 545 x 7 at 195 is very good, how tall are you? What is your max?

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Seems pretty good to me.

[/quote]

Cool - 545 x 7 at 195 is very good, how tall are you? What is your max? [/quote]

5’9. My next meet is in December, so I will know what I can hit then. Last year I hit 584. This year I’m hoping to at least be in the low 6s.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Nathan[/quote]

LOL - so your max is 390 yet 500 x 11 is only “okay” and “nothing to brag about”???

A vid is posted in which the weight is a million fucking miles more than your max and is easily done for many reps and you are not impressed?!

What a typical internet forum response. I’m sure in real life you would have gone up to him and said “wait a minute pal let’s work out the pound for pound relative strength differential” and he would have said “fuck off and go back to repping your 3 plates you little pussy.”[/quote]

This pretty much sums it up. I have no idea why people who aren’t strong and haven’t done jack shit think their opinion actually matters to the point they take time out of their day and waste the bandwidth posting drivel disparaging other lifters who are LIGHT YEARS beyond their strength levels.

A better question might be why a grown ass man only weights 132 pounds. Are you 4’6"?

Like I said, I get that its harder for a 200 pounder to pull 600 than myself to pull 396. I obviously screwed up choosing my words for my first post about it. I shouldv’e said it was good and left it at that. I’m an asshole and I’m weak…happy now! lol.

Nice lifting ThePunisher! That is spectacular!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
A better question might be why a grown ass man only weights 132 pounds. Are you 4’6"?[/quote]

Yes I’m a short ass. Only 5’4. I’ve debated jumping up to 148 and possibly even 165 after my meet in november, but something else I really like doing is playing hockey. I’m really fast at 132, but slow down a decent amount when I get in the 150’s. So I’m kind of indecisive about that.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
The only people that give a shit about bodyweight ratios are skinny guys who likely are not all that strong to begin with. [/quote]

I have to disagree with you there guy. 2x bodyweight is 2X, no matter the bodyweight. It is the big guy/little guy thing I get tied of.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
The only people that give a shit about bodyweight ratios are skinny guys who likely are not all that strong to begin with. [/quote]

I have to disagree with you there guy. 2x bodyweight is 2X, no matter the bodyweight. It is the big guy/little guy thing I get tied of. [/quote]

Well your opinion is devoid of support by facts.

If you think a 150 pound guy lifting 300 is the same as a 250 pound guy lifting 500, then you are absolutely wrong. THAT IS WHY THERE IS A WILKS!!!

This has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum and I don’t care to go over it again. If you are unclear, you should go search out the right information so you are no longer misinformed.