500lb Squats/Deads - How Common Are They?

Ugh. ONE day I will get there. ONE.DAY.

I have no idea how she’s able to move such weight like that.

1 Like

The only thing more incredible than her strength is the rate at which she’s making progress. Check out her Instagram page, she pulled 465x3 for a PR in September and 500x5 a couple weeks ago. Drugs and hard work alone can’t explain this, I don’t know what the fuck is going on.

4 Likes

Didn’t she just recently hit 495 in a meet? Is that her highest pull in comp? Because that wouldn’t make sense either. 500x5 in training and 495x1 in competition…

She probably didn’t squat and bench before 500x5 in training, and maybe she cut weight for the meet as well. And maybe things just didn’t go too well at the meet (relatively speaking), all I know is that she is making insane progress at an elite level, which is basically unheard of unless it was a natural lifter who started taking PEDs and bulking, that’s the only scenario I could imagine and that’s not the case here.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like she has crazily advantageous proportions e.g. cailer woolam. She’s jacked as hell but outside of that I have no idea how she’s THAT strong

Weight cut/higher off season weight, bumper plates, straps, better at reps than singles or maybe just a shit day.

I’ma say genetics because I haven’t got a proper answer.

Maybe focusing on power lifting after stopping that weightlifting bullshit. Maybe focusing more on deadlift then bench/squat.

Probably near maxed muscle for her weight class in all the right places for powerlifting e.g. her quads are bigger than her bf’s and the dude’s a powerlifter too. Impressive whether or not she upped the dose. Reminds me of Ben Pollack the dude is jacked af.

2 Likes

but… Yury Belkin

They should make powerlifting god babies

1 Like

He must sleep well at night knowing his girlfriend can pick him up and carry him out of a burning house if she needs to.

1 Like

Belkin did gain a few pounds and the pulls he failed in recent meets looked like they were mostly due to technical issues, but I suppose he is in the same category.

1 Like

He doesn’t have to move anywhere. She can deadlift and flip the whole burning house away from em.

3 Likes

We know who wears the pants in that relationship.

1 Like

Actually I don’t think she fits in pants lel. Maybe she wears the men’s compression leggings/tights in the relationship tho.

Let’s hope so, men shouldn’t be wearing those anyway.

@guineapig pls respond

Steph Powell is another 500+ female puller. Crazy!

1 Like