500lb Squat Quest/Help

Hi,

Havent seen a 500 thread for a while, missed the last one, not that i was ready for it!

My dead is 550lb (last test 3 weeks ago)
Bench is 335lb (all unquipped, i.e with wrist wraps and belt, but nout else)

(im 6 foot 2+ and do have disproportionately long limbs…)

Struggling with squat tho! 190kg only, so, 410lb or so? I got it up quickly by doing ME once a week, and happily it went up 10kg per week but its stalled a bit tbh.

I’m toying with the idea of ordering some squat shoes, olly ones, like the Adidas II ones:
http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/clothing-and-shoes/shoes/adidas-power-perfect-ii-weightlifting-shoes/prod_664.html

I assume these’d be alright for most unequipped PL comps? legal? I prefer to squat high-bar for real depth, not into the low-bar widestance, doesnt agree with my hip ‘mechanics’.

Current routine is:

(all in Kilos)

60kg warmup set, lotsa reps just diff stances, full reps, bottom-partials etc warming it all up
100kg x 1
120 x 1
140 x 1
160 x 1
180 x 1
190 x 1
PR attempt x 1 etc etc

drop the weight to 140 or so, do some 5 x 5, last time was 140 x 5, 140 x 5, 150 x 5, 160 x 4, 180 x 1 (again)

then we 120kg for bottom-half partials, sets of 5-7 just to hammer the hips.

Sometimes we do boxsquats and GMs.

Any thoughts?

walking funny today… :slight_smile:

had a look at Storm the Beach’s thread and his 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1 or similar, i reckon i need more volume before the 1 rep maxes, didnt feel warmed up for it.

cheers

H

**edit sticking point is about 40% of the way back up the rep :smiley:

i’ll join.
current 1rm squat 200kg/440lbs(?) un-equipped (vid in training log)
doing squats once a week in a three week cycle - 7x5/6x3/5,3,2 - all ramped
was on 5/3/1 recently

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
i’ll join.
current 1rm squat 200kg/440lbs(?) un-equipped (vid in training log)
doing squats once a week in a three week cycle - 7x5/6x3/5,3,2 - all ramped
was on 5/3/1 recently[/quote]

It’s on. Goodluck matey.

It’s not that old yet. We don’t need a million of these. The last post was only a week ago.

[quote]jakerz96 wrote:

It’s not that old yet. We don’t need a million of these. The last post was only a week ago.[/quote]

my bad, it wasnt on the first page, out of sight out of mind…