500 Pound Squat

500x3@245, belt only.

507 at the CA State Games in July 220 Raw Open class (w/belt)

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
I just put up 375x8. Probably good for 5 or 6 at 405. Figure I’ll need 405x10 or so for 500, eh? Hopefully by the end of the year …

[/quote]

I can’t touch 405x10 and can squat 500. Everyone is different.

Hit 475 a year ago in a meet. Looking for 500 this fall.

Hit 451 last week raw (belt and wraps), hoping to 500 in 6 weeks or so if things carry on going right.

540@266 with belt, sleeves, hanes underwear(one-size too small), busted up converse, extra thick ankle socks, using a monolift.

Yes, I have it, with a good margin, still I feel weak, and so should everyone else that have it as well. 300kg raw squat (drugfree) it the limit of shame, until that is made, we are all weak pussies.

– stallion

[quote]stallion wrote:
Yes, I have it, with a good margin, still I feel weak, and so should everyone else that have it as well. 300kg raw squat (drugfree) it the limit of shame, until that is made, we are all weak pussies.

– stallion [/quote]

Agreed. Anything less than 600 is not impressive at all unless you are small.

ive gotten 500x2 at parralel at best like 2 weeks ago
16 years old 197 pounds.

[quote]masonator wrote:
stallion wrote:

– stallion

Agreed. Anything less than 600 is not impressive at all unless you are small.[/quote]

I’m not small, but I’m gay. Does that count?

j/k, not that there’s anythign wrong with that…

[quote]undesired08 wrote:

j/k, not that there’s anythign wrong with that…[/quote]

We all know those weren’t hanes you were squatting in. Be honest: they were ass-less chaps.

[quote]novaeer wrote:
undesired08 wrote:

j/k, not that there’s anything wrong with that…

We all know those weren’t hanes you were squatting in. Be honest: they were ass-less chaps.[/quote]

I can’t help it, they help me get more rebound out of the hole… Ok, I just grossed myself out. LMAO.

There sure is an awful lot of claims in this thread. I would be willing to bet that if a video was required along with your post this thread would be much smaller. I’m not saying, I’m just sayin…BTW I squat 880 lbs X 15 @135 lbs

[quote]masonator wrote:
stallion wrote:

– stallion

Agreed. Anything less than 600 is not impressive at all unless you are small.[/quote]

It is if you go full depth.

There does seem to be a lot of big squatters here.

I did 500 even about 5 years ago, definately not now though. It was to 4 boxes so it was just below parallel. I weighed over 250 at the time though.

I’m determined to stay with my 20 rep squats (and milk) now. Being almost 40 with a newly discovered congenital heart defect makes me like 20 rep squats, 10 pullovers, 12 chins, 12 dips, 10 curls, 15 shrugs, 15 Rromanian deadlifts all to failure in 25 minutes a lot more than the heavy weights I used to do.

I’m still a ways off @ 205 kg (451), but I’d love to reach the 500 lb. benchmark within 2 years @ 85 kg bodyweight.

[quote]Brad Cutler wrote:
masonator wrote:
stallion wrote:

– stallion

[/quote]

No, it isn’t. Many people can squat 500 raw. I know at least 25 people off the top of my head who can squat 500, but I only know 2 that can squat 600 raw. How is an everyday occurence impressive? Whether it’s a quarter squat or olympic-style, it doesn’t really matter because 500 is not very much weight.

aww… now I don’t feel special…

[quote]masonator wrote:
Brad Cutler wrote:
masonator wrote:
stallion wrote:

– stallion

No, it isn’t. Many people can squat 500 raw. I know at least 25 people off the top of my head who can squat 500, but I only know 2 that can squat 600 raw. How is an everyday occurence impressive? Whether it’s a quarter squat or olympic-style, it doesn’t really matter because 500 is not very much weight.
[/quote]

25 people isn’t a lot, and even fewer will do that to Olympic squat depth.

My yahoo name is rugger1990, if there is any doubt. And I fully agree that 500 is an “ok” squat, but not anywhere near “strong” in powerlifting standards.