T Nation

500 lbs (220kg) Deadlift, Fast PR

Hey guys again a new deadlift pr from me...looking forward to achieving 250kg soon and also to finally bring up my squat since im a tall fella (6"4,1.94 cm,23 years old).All comments are welcome!

Nice looked pretty smooth, and I liked the jig you did before the lift. That girl in red likes it too. But 220kg is only 484?

That looked easy. You’ll be pulling 250 kg soon.

Thanks for the good words guys…i thought that 5-20 kg plates on each side equals 500(personally i had 2 -20 kg plates and 6-10kg per side) :smiley: anyway thanks again

[quote]harryken wrote:
Thanks for the good words guys…i thought that 5-20 kg plates on each side equals 500(personally i had 2 -20 kg plates and 6-10kg per side) :smiley: anyway thanks again [/quote]

A kg is 2.2lbs.

That’s really good. I’m also looking to bring my deadlift up as I can only lift 365lbs for 1 rep. Would you mind sharing how you built up to that much weight? Any form tips you are using that you would be willing to share? Nicely done brother.

Well one year ago i started wanting to become stronger.I hoped on to stronglifts which is a great program but herniatted my disc cause of my form. From then on it was a continueous struggle more though when squatting which i still need to work on a bit but hopefully ill post a video for form check. Anyway now im for several months on wendler.What helped me the most learning how to brace properly by learning how to breathe even better cause i already had an idea about it.I injured my back with 180kg btw. My top points are here

-working on percentages and building strength and explosiveness rather than trying to peak all the time and test
-learning proper bracing technique(chris duffin has great video about it)
-twisting the floor with feet like screwing so i can engage glutes and hams better
-pulling the slack out of the bar and pushing the floor down instead of pulling back(richard hawthorne has a great video on it)
-after mid knee not pulling back but forcefully thrusting my hips on the bar.
hope all that helps you guys and thanks for the feedback
peace :smiley:

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense.

Very nice.

ill post a video squatting the following days seeking some advice cause i seem to stall there… peace