T Nation

500 Deadlift at 140 Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUT2r6eznYE&NR=1 Found this video looking around at deadlifts. Impressive weight especially for the size but I couldn't help but cringe at the initial pull.

lol

uuuuh yeah man, great ‘deadlift’

hey are you allowed to have one leg on the other side of the bar for a deadlift? I don’t know 100% of the deadlifts rules and I have NEVER seen anyone do it his way…

Koing

Yea its a deadlift variation from the 1920s and 40s era called a jefferson lift. I believe it was meant to be more quad intensive.

come on, that’s the deadhackliftsquat. it’s a classic lift…you know, if you don’t know what the hell you’re doing.

I think hes doing it wrong…

I’ve seen maybe 3 people period on the internet in the last 4 years or so (let alone IRL) actually do the Jefferson Lift, and never in competition. Very strange indeed.

Kids got balls, ill give him that.

[quote]MikeyKBiatch wrote:
Kids got balls, ill give him that.[/quote]

Not after that, he doesn’t.

i think this is an entirely different lift. like the original hack squat where the bar is behind your legs. technically still a 'dead’lift but bar placement is different. id call this a ‘nut crusher.’

i think this is an entirely different lift. like the original hack squat where the bar is behind your legs. technically still a 'dead’lift but bar placement is different. id call this a ‘nut crusher.’

What the fuck?

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
What the fuck?

[/quote]

AHAHAHA it looks like a dog taking a shit!

It’s silly but he didn’t have much trouble at all

[quote]forevernade wrote:
AHAHAHA it looks like a dog taking a shit![/quote]

LOL best comparison ever

[quote]
AHAHAHA it looks like a dog taking a shit![/quote]

Hahaha he kinda does!!!

[quote]MikeyKBiatch wrote:

AHAHAHA it looks like a dog taking a shit!

Hahaha he kinda does!!!

[/quote]

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

It would be harder if both legs were behind the bar. Lifting this way turns it almost into a trap bar lift. Still impressive lift though.

It’s also known as a straddle deadlift and is a contested lift in the USAWA (US All-around Weightlifting association - http://www.usawa.com/

These fellas hark back to the very beginnings of Strongman, Olympic- and Powerlifting from the end of the 19th century.