500 Carat Diamond Found

JOHANNESBURG â?? Petra Diamonds Ltd. says a diamond the size of a chicken egg has been found at South Africa’s Cullinan mine.

The diamond may be among the world’s top 20 high-quality gems. It was discovered Thursday at the mine northeast of Pretoria, South Africa.

Johan Dippenaar, the company’s chief executive said in a statement Tuesday that the 507.55-carat gem was of “exceptional color and clarity.”

No value has been give yet for the diamond, which weighs just over 100 grams.

The mine also produced the largest diamond ever found, the Cullinan, at 3,106 carats in the rough. That finished stone is set in Britain’s Imperial Scepter as part of the Crown Jewels.

I wish it was me that found that

[quote]Defekt wrote:
I wish it was me that found that [/quote]

People kill for something like that. Sure you still want it?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Defekt wrote:

People kill for something like that. Sure you still want it? [/quote]

No joke I wouldn’t even know what to do with that, and if you ask around you will probably just get killed and have it taken from you.

[quote]Defekt wrote:

So you…want to be basically a slave?

i would be willing to take that risk

[quote]Defekt wrote:

You’d still be a slave.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Defekt wrote:

People kill for something like that. [/quote]

You mean Boris the sneaking fucking Russian?

[quote]dk44 wrote:
StevenF wrote:
Defekt wrote:

People kill for something like that.

You mean Boris the sneaking fucking Russian?[/quote]

Why do they call him the bullet dodger?

That is why I bought my wife a Canadian Diamond.

Fuck if I’m gonna have the blood of other men on my hands for some stupid material vanity.

How can they possibly comment on the clarity when the surface is still in the natural rough state?

I don’t see how they could rule out that it may not have a ton of small inclusions.

Not that it isn’t a remarkable find: it is. But simply that I don’t see how a claim can yet be made on that aspect of it.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
That is why I bought my wife a Canadian Diamond.

Fuck if I’m gonna have the blood of other men on my hands for some stupid material vanity.[/quote]

I’m just gonna go ahead and edit this. I said nothing. Go on.

never mind… everyone is confused…

Eh?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Eh?[/quote]

I believe nate misread my first post, and got angry. I asked him why what I did would make him angry. He subsequently edited his post. So I edited mine too.

Yup… That’s about it

Would have worked better if I could have posted it with a Canadian accent.

I recognize “aboot” as Canadian

Why the hell would you pay millions for a damn rock?

Anyway…

I bet to get the rock to that guy involved a real life blood diamond movie like escapade

[quote]optheta wrote:
I bet to get the rock to that guy involved a real life blood diamond movie like escapade [/quote]

Don’t be ridiculous, you guys are very misinformed. This is from SOUTH AFRICA not the central & western parts where you have slave mining. Southern Africa produces tons of diamonds for export throughout the world.

That’s a fucking beast of a rock. My dad worked in Botswana (neighbours South Africa to the north for the geographically challenged) for over 11 years in Orapa diamond mine maintaining the x-ray machines. Just to give you an idea, in that period I don’t think he ever saw a diamond of this size.