50 YO - Need Help Starting Over Again

Greetings,

Although I’ve had many personal successes in my past with strength/physique training in my past, I’ve allowed myself to fall into the pit of getting trapped in one type of training (weight training) for the past few years, and even then (or perhaps because of it) I’ve allowed myself to just go through the motions instead of having any type of real intensity on a consistent basis.

As such, I’ve allowed my all around fitness levels to plummet.

Recently, within the past two month s, I got fed up with it. I got tired of having problems getting off the floor and even playing with my kids.

As such, in order to address the mobility/cardio part of my life, I (along with my son) have begun training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 3 days a week for 1-1.5 hours at a time) as a means to work on mobility, cardiovascular, flexibility and just to get my grit back to where I want it to be. It’s been rough and painful in many ways, it’s working very, very well to date (occasional small injuries aside).

I’m now at the point I’d like to re-introduce strength and physique training back into my programming and am seeing assistance in choosing a starting point.

My goal is simply to get a better quality of life, physically, and fight back against the aging process. Being stronger for Jiu Jitsu certainly would be good as well as leaner for just feeling better about myself overall.

I’m currently 5’7", 178lbs at 50 years old.

Could you advise me what programs and/or “system” of training methodology would work best for my goals?

Thank you so much for your time.

Jason

This should be right up your alley

1 Like

Hey man, thank you for the reply.

The goals presented in this program are precisely what I’m looking for but I’m at a loss as to how to incorporate the BJJ into it.

Any thoughts are very appreciated.