Yeah I was bored at work today.....
These are in no sort of order just what came to mind.
- Putting my surround sound to good use. Playing whatever I want as loud as I want.
- Knowing the only sweat on my bench is MINE
- Working out in shorts sandals and no shirt if I fell like it
- Taking that uhh almost mandatory ?break? after my second set of squats.
Taking that break in my private bathroom.
Knowing everything will be exactly as I left it and no one will be doing curls in my squat rack when I get back.
- Sticking my head in the freezer to recover in between sets of deadlifts
- Grabbing an ice cold fresh bottle of water from said freezer.
- My Power blocks
With the average gym fee being 40 bucks a month here that means I can spend about 500 bucks a year on new equipment.
The fact I probably will end up spending way more than that
- puking off my deck after 20 rep squats.
- A neighborhood cat or dog will clean it up for me later.
- Using as much chalk as I want.
Ice cold Surge premixed in my fridge waiting for me.
A nice big piece of chicken breast and a sweet potato waiting an hour later.
- Never forgetting my Spike at home.
- No 140 lb kid doing cheat ?curls? 3 feet from a mirror
- Not needing a male escort to walk me to my car in the parking lot because someone looked at me funny in the gym.
Doing any sort of strange exercise or Olympic lift without half the gym staring at me.
Knowing that crack in the concrete is from a failed deadlift PR
- Looking at that crack later and laughing because I just added another 40 lbs to my deadlift PR
- Buying rubber mats so I don?t mess the concrete up anymore.
- A squat rack makes a good focal point and conversation piece for a deck.
Adding on a garage to my house so I can expand my gym and work out indoors.
No one can see me use a Swiss ball when I fell like it.
- Using the same bench every time.
- Using the garden hose to cool off between sets on hot days.
- My little brother staying with me for a couple weeks over the summer to eat train and sleep so he can add some mass before he goes back to school.
Taking a shower in my own shower.
Setting up my weights the night before my workout in the morning.
- No distractions giving me the ability to focus on myself.
- The money and time I save not commuting to a gym.
- All my supplements on top of the fridge within easy access.
No one talking on a cell phone while I wait for them to be done with the station I need to use next.
Never having to work in on a set.
- Doing yard work for GPP.
- Not getting distracted by the blonde on the adductor machine.
- No New Year?s resolution rush.
Complete peacefulness just you and the weights.
No one giving me bad advice.
- No one asking for advice and not listening.
- Working out when I fell like it doesn?t matter if it is 4 am or 11 pm.
- Knowing I am the strongest person at my gym.
Taking a second ?break? after a set of walking lunges
My neighbors thinking I am crazy and leaving me alone.
- Watching DVR?d episodes of UFC Ultimate Fight Night after my workout.
- Never taking weight off just adding more and more every week.
- Inviting a girl over for dinner and her asking ?How much weight is that?!?
- Dropping deadlifts and cleans however I damn well fell like.
Fell free to add your own or why you don't like working out at home