5 Years of Sun Observations, NASA SDO

[quote]smh_23 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Damn. Our little star is just one of countless billions of trillions, and not even a very remarkable one at that.
[/quote]

Indeed.

Unless: unless it’s the only one that has managed to cook up little beings capable of – and inclined to undertake – the design and construction of castles and cathedrals and crotch-less panties.

In that case, I’d say it’s the others that are unremarkable.[/quote]

Well, unless it ever manages to cook up little beings capable of --and inclined to undertake-- leaving the gravity well of their own planet, the question will remain unanswered.

That is awesome. It’s pretty crazy to think we can feel the heat coming off it way the fuck over here. It can cause parts of the globe to reach over 100* f, yet when the Earth is in a different position in facing the sun it can still be light out with temps lower than 0* f.

What is it? It’s a star named the Sun? Made up of gases that are held together by it’s own gravity? That is always burning and started burning because helium and hydrogen started spinning around a gravitational force and got to point that it ignited? How do “they” know this?

Lets look at history, throughout history man has been wrong several times about things that were understood by the masses to be “facts” Yet something happens and all of the sudden poof they were wrong. They are not held accountable for being wrong in anyway. "Hey you had us believing “blank” was a fact for the last 300 years but guess what “blank” is not “blank” “blank” is actually “blaw”. Nothing fucking happens we just start going along saying that “blaw” is “blaw”.

The World being flat. Now there is talk that the big bang didn’t happen.

It’s a theory.

No one knows for sure what it is. All we know for sure is that we call it “The Sun” But, it’s cool as shit and thanks for posting the video.

Feel free to add this post to the worst post in history thread

[quote]mbdix wrote:
That is awesome. It’s pretty crazy to think we can feel the heat coming off it way the fuck over here. It can cause parts of the globe to reach over 100* f, yet when the Earth is in a different position in facing the sun it can still be light out with temps lower than 0* f.

What is it? It’s a star named the Sun? Made up of gases that are held together by it’s own gravity? That is always burning and started burning because helium and hydrogen started spinning around a gravitational force and got to point that it ignited? How do “they” know this?

Lets look at history, throughout history man has been wrong several times about things that were understood by the masses to be “facts” Yet something happens and all of the sudden poof they were wrong. They are not held accountable for being wrong in anyway. "Hey you had us believing “blank” was a fact for the last 300 years but guess what “blank” is not “blank” “blank” is actually “blaw”. Nothing fucking happens we just start going along saying that “blaw” is “blaw”.

It’s a theory.

No one knows for sure what it is. All we know for sure is that we call it “The Sun” But, it’s cool as shit and thanks for posting the video.

Feel free to add this post to the worst post in history thread[/quote]

I think if you read up on the “Scientific Method” it might help answer some of your questions here.

Here is a cool video you might find interesting.

[quote]Evolv wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

It’s a theory.

Feel free to add this post to the worst post in history thread[/quote]

I think if you read up on the “Scientific Method” it might help answer some of your questions here.

Here is a cool video you might find interesting.

Thanks for sharing that as well. Kinda gets back to my point. We don’t know what it is. No one has ever come close to recreating anything that is close to resembling our Sun. And no one has gotten any element off the Suns surface.

We know just as much about the Sun today as the primitive people Varqanir posted about. Actually if a person doesn’t believe in GOD then the Sun is their GOD. Because without the Sun and our relation to it in distance we wouldn’t exist.

Unless they think we can use the suns powers to help us travel through space to another “sun” and so on and so on. I don’t see the point in doing that unless you are talking about keeping the human race alive because of an impending event that we can not change that is going to cause the destruction of Earth as we know it. Or just exploration. Or possibly space travel to extract certain resources from other planets that are needed to keep the mother planet working.

I don’t know dude, but the Sun is a trip

[quote]mbdix wrote:
Actually if a person doesn’t believe in GOD then the Sun is their GOD. Because without the Sun and our relation to it in distance we wouldn’t exist.[/quote]
I don’t believe in God, and I also don’t believe the sun is any more of an omnipotent being than the chair I’m sitting on right now.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
Unless they think we can use the suns powers to help us travel through space to another “sun” and so on and so on.[/quote]
Dyson sphere?

[quote]mbdix wrote:
I don’t know dude, but the Sun is a trip
[/quote]
True dat.

Comparing our knowledge of Sol(and stars in general and how the work) to our knowledge/scientific theories of the origins/fundamental existence of the universe is… well it’s like comparing apples to our knowledge/scientific theories of the origins/fundamental existence of the universe.

Anyone would be an idiot to say there will NEVER be a discovery that could alter our understanding, but it’s not even comparable to changes in understanding of theoretical physics concepts.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Damn. Our little star is just one of countless billions of trillions, and not even a very remarkable one at that.
[/quote]

Indeed.

Unless: unless it’s the only one that has managed to cook up little beings capable of – and inclined to undertake – the design and construction of castles and cathedrals and crotch-less panties.

In that case, I’d say it’s the others that are unremarkable.[/quote]

Well, unless it ever manages to cook up little beings capable of --and inclined to undertake-- leaving the gravity well of their own planet, the question will remain unanswered.
[/quote]

I put the odds of ET’s having come up with crotchless panties low enough that I’m willing to give Helios the benefit of the doubt, at least until we get an intergalactic hello in code.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Wow. That was breathtaking.

You know, primitive peoples once worshipped the sun as their supreme deity.

I imagine if they were to see these images, they would be confirmed in their belief that theirs is an awesome god.

And yet…

Puts things into perspective.[/quote]

The sun and the moon. There was a global proto-religions of solar and lunar cults; the former always representative of masculine patriarchal warrior societies and the other associated with matriarchal societies which some have criticised as being regressive and flawed. But I think feminism is a topic that might be relegated to PWI. But it is interesting the association with these ancient pagan cults across the globe. Julius Evola wrote a lot of stuff about the monolithic cults that worshipped astral bodies, charted the seasons, made calendars and advanced maritime knowledge and navigation. The solar cults learned to navigate from the sun and we’ve since discovered an innate “compass” or honing device that is only present in men and accounts for their superior navigation skills.

Thanks for posting that. Read something a few years back that said that at any given moment the sun could throw a temper tantrum and spit out a flare so big that it would basically disconnect us from the energy sources we’ve spent the last several hundred years “perfecting” and put us right back in the stone age. Have no idea how probable that is, but found it fascinating/scary as fuck. It’s kinda like that line from Men in Black, apparently our planet is constantly on the verge of total destruction but we somehow narrowly avoid it and none of us ever know. Pretty crazy to think about.

What up Flash! That is a great quote from MiB, great movie.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
What up Flash! That is a great quote from MiB, great movie.[/quote]

'Sup E? It really is a cool flick, and it has one of my all time favorite quotes. Tommy Lee Jones is explaining to Will Smith what’s going on and Smith says “Why not tell 'em the truth? People are smart. They can handle it” to which Jones replies “A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.” I love that line.

Keep killin’ it homie.