5 Year Old Boxer

Shit’s sick. This little motherfucker knows his stuff.

Wow! if he sticks with it he will have agreat shot at being a champ.

If he doesn’t than it is just wasted talent.
A very common tragedy.

I remember there was this guy, I can’t remember his name. An article a while ago on maxboxing. He was awesome as an amateur. As a child through his teens he was just whupping everybody, tons of talent, skill. Worked hard. Though none of that mattered when he turned pro. He never became a great pro. He was just ok. Left everybody scratching their heads.

The point is you don’t have to waste the talent, even if you keep it up it is still no guarantee.

[quote]otoko wrote:
I remember there was this guy, I can’t remember his name. An article a while ago on maxboxing. He was awesome as an amateur. As a child through his teens he was just whupping everybody, tons of talent, skill. Worked hard. Though none of that mattered when he turned pro. He never became a great pro. He was just ok. Left everybody scratching their heads.

The point is you don’t have to waste the talent, even if you keep it up it is still no guarantee. [/quote]

hence the qualifying statement he could have a shot at being a champ. Not he will be champ.

I was alluding to people that have talent at something and quit pursuing it.

Wow. Somebody’s getting their ass kicked on the playground when they meet this kid.

I have no problem saying that this kid probably has better hands than me LOL

Jeez that kid is good… but yes either he’ll get pushed too hard by over zealous parents (nothing wrong with pushing your kids but there is a fine line between too much and just right) or he’ll just get bored to tears.

I hope he makes it as far as he really wants to!

I just showed this to my dad he said

“I’ve never seen any shit like that before in my life… even you weren’t like that at 5”

watch him rep out 100 push ups lol

Cute

That kid is a child prodigy!

His parents are going to make a mint… my guess is he’ll be in rehab by 18.

Wow, thats more like child abuse!

[quote]NickR24 wrote:
Wow, thats more like child abuse![/quote]

Do you have children?

Those are some pretty fast punches…

incredible, he can also do 100 consecutive push ups and run 3 miles. He will either become one if not the best ever, or just a wasted talent. He looks like he enjoys it, I mean many kids start baseball and football at 5 so it’s good that he is getting into it young.

Genetically though he won’t be that special-basing off his dad, who looks short not very muscular- so he’ll definitely need that tremendous skill. Pretty amazing video though, very fast.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
This kid looks great, but he’s not taking blows to the head right? Someone assure me that he’s just punching the mits or a heavy bag and not taking actual blows to the head.

[/quote]

Although I doubt he is, they start kids fighting pretty early… I’m sure his first fight will be within the next few years

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
This kid looks great, but he’s not taking blows to the head right? Someone assure me that he’s just punching the mits or a heavy bag and not taking actual blows to the head.

Although I doubt he is, they start kids fighting pretty early… I’m sure his first fight will be within the next few years

If he’s 5 years old now he’ll actually be in a boxing ring fighting by the time that he’s 8 years old? That is just not good for a developing brain. I’m all for teaching kids how to strike, move and train. But when it comes to having an 8 year old take repeated blows to the head that’s just absolutely wrong.[/quote]

Great boxers start young. Hatton started at 10… I mean, I don’t know when they let kids start, I was just taking a guess, but the kids in the Olympics are young, and they’ve been fighting for a while.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Mick28 wrote:

If he’s 5 years old now he’ll actually be in a boxing ring fighting by the time that he’s 8 years old? That is just not good for a developing brain. I’m all for teaching kids how to strike, move and train. But when it comes to having an 8 year old take repeated blows to the head that’s just absolutely wrong.[/quote]

These kids aren’t getting hit by grown men, they’re getting hit by other kids. The damage that can be inflicted from one 8 year old to another is minimal at best, no matter how well trained that 8 year old is. The kid has impressive hand speed and footwork.