5 Y/O Superman! Myostatin Article

Gday fellas. First post on the site, been reading articles on here for ages now, gotta say theres some bloody top information that you guys share!
Good work!!!
anyway

Found this article regarding studies and discoveries by some professors (other then the ones done by the blokes on here)
Had read ‘the Myostatin Project’ on here and then I immediately needed to post it.

http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/002287.html

YOU NEED TO READ! (if you havent already)

[quote]lpb wrote:
Gday fellas. First post on the site, been reading articles on here for ages now, gotta say theres some bloody top information that you guys share!
Good work!
anyway

Found this article regarding studies and discoveries by some professors (other then the ones done by the blokes on here)
Had read ‘the Myostatin Project’ on here and then I immediately needed to post it.

http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/002287.html

YOU NEED TO READ! (if you havent already)[/quote]

They have a pic of the infants legs floating around on the internet somewhere.

Funny, one of the kids my mom watches legs look just like that, seriously. He was walking at 8 months and was close to 12lbs at birth. His calves look identicle! I wonder what the kids head looks like compared to him. He has a BIG head and chubby cheeks.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Funny, one of the kids my mom watches legs look just like that, seriously. He was walking at 8 months and was close to 12lbs at birth. His calves look identicle! I wonder what the kids head looks like compared to him. He has a BIG head and chubby cheeks.[/quote]

I’m glad you wrote that. I seriously doubt that one kid everyone writes about is the only time this has happened. It is probably more frequent an occurance than many realize. I wouldn’t be surprised if some bodybuilders aren’t just like this. They just didn’t get tested at birth.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Funny, one of the kids my mom watches legs look just like that, seriously. He was walking at 8 months and was close to 12lbs at birth. His calves look identicle! I wonder what the kids head looks like compared to him. He has a BIG head and chubby cheeks.

I’m glad you wrote that. I seriously doubt that one kid everyone writes about is the only time this has happened. It is probably more frequent an occurance than many realize. I wouldn’t be surprised if some bodybuilders aren’t just like this. They just didn’t get tested at birth.[/quote]

The kid is a beast, built like a brick house. Its funny, I actually call him Superboy. I’ll see if I can get a photo of his legs. His mom is very tall and built VERY strong. She would be an absolute beast in the gym if she ever went. I dont know about the father as they have a restraining order against him…

One of the comments on this article mentions that his mother is likely heterozygous for the myostatin-blocking gene, as well as other members of her family and probably the father of the child as well. Who knows how many bodybuilders might be in a similar situation. But this child seems the first documented case of a homozygous mutation.

If he ends up with a bad heart, it might be the mother and the other heterozygotes who are lucky benefactors of this gene, with the child the unfortunate “full-on sickle cell” type case.

I remember reading in a Myostat ad by Tim Patterson saying Ronnie Coleman had some sort of mutation affecting myostatin. Makes sense.

This condition is probably very rare, but in the past, it might have produced some legendary people. Hercules comes to mind, a person who most likely was a real person.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this kid. And also, how often this occurs.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
I dont know about the father as they have a restraining order against him…[/quote]

Might say something for the kid’s inherited testosterone levels.

For personal reasons I don’t make fun of domestic issues, so this is a serious comment. I know it’s a very broad, sweeping statement, but probably still worth considering, nonetheless.

I keep hearing about this kid, but I haven’t seen any full-body pics of him. If anybody has any, please post them, I’d like to see how buff he really is.

[quote]CC wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
I dont know about the father as they have a restraining order against him…

Might say something for the kid’s inherited testosterone levels.

For personal reasons I don’t make fun of domestic issues, so this is a serious comment. I know it’s a very broad, sweeping statement, but probably still worth considering, nonetheless.

[/quote]

The kid was a little spazzy while the father was there but since the father was removed he’s come into his own. He’s a great kid. As far as the fathers testosterone levels go, I dont know as I dont know anything about him or the situation. I just know what I know in passing conversations with my mom.

[quote]CC wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
I dont know about the father as they have a restraining order against him…

Might say something for the kid’s inherited testosterone levels.[/quote]

But you realize this genetic abnormality isn’t related to testosterone, right? It’s a myostatin-blocking mutation.

My bad - Realized too late this was in reference to the kid that PGA200x knows personally.

the interesting thing is that there are just so many ways a long a reaction cascade that could be inhibited by mutation, all that would result in the same effect, insensitivity to myostatin.

with that in mind, it’s no surprise that this freak mutation is not as uncommon as it may appear.

I read some article about him saying that his grandfather could unload marble curb-stones from a truck by himself.

Here is the kid my mom watches…

His leg development isnt much, if at all, different from “Superboy’s.”

Looks like that little Hell Raiser’s got himself a few bumps and bruises to show for himself too!

Heres to active kids who don’t sit on there asses all day!