T Nation

5 Weeks to Get Lean, Any Risks?

Jay

if I read things right and you’re already sitting at 7.4% bf and want to get even leaner, you might just have a case of manorexia.

I am not asking for your diet and workout, I am demanding it. We don’t know what you are supplementing.

Consider citrulline malate instead of arginine, it works better for what you want. 3-4g twice a day, or all during workout.

Breakfast

• 1 cup of cooked spinach and mushrooms
  • 2 eggs and 9 tbsp of egg whites
  • 2 pieces of whole wheat toast

Mid Snack

• Whey Protein 35 g
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 Grapefruit
  • 1 cup of green beans

Lunch

• 5 OZ Chicken Breast
  • 2/3 cups of brown rice
  • 1 Cup Broccoli
  • 15-20 Almonds

Snack

• 35 grams of Whey Protein
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 Grapefruit
  • 1 cup of green beans]

Dinner

• 5 oz. lean beef (5 servings protein
  • 2 oz. Avocado with added Salsa
  • 2 Cups Lettuce
    All mixed together as a salad

I do this Diet for 4 days then day 5 I carb load…so I’m cycling my carbs. Basically the snacks I add about 50-60 grams of carbs in each meal and another slice of bread for my breakfast.

My workout program consist of superset exercises.
day 1 chest and back
day 2 shoulders and arms
day 3 off
day 4 legs

Cardio - 4 times a week at least 20-45 minute cardio each session. Treadmill or step master.

My main concern is my supplementation…am I taking too many supplements?? If you want my workout in detail let me know…lol

maybe some dehydration and carb depletion would be suitable for you. Waterloss.

I was thinking of doing the water loss or depletion a week before the show…

I honestly do not know much about going from really lean to really really lean but in regards to carb cycling, I would try to cut the whole wheat toast, grape fruit, brown rice out in for vegetable substitutes. You’ll lose some water weight off of this from the carb depletion and make the carbup on the 5th day more effective.

Might want to take a look at this article by CT and Shugs for the week before the photo shoot for the water loss.

You want to get leanER?
Dude your already pretty shredded haha. Maybe try the GSD (Get shredded diet)? But I really dont think you need to lose any more fat.

[quote]chillain wrote:
if I read things right and you’re already sitting at 7.4% bf and want to get even leaner, you might just have a case of manorexia.

[/quote]

Do you just go around insulting people on here?

Why not post something useful mate.

[quote]McSTE wrote:

Why not post something useful mate.[/quote]

Honestly, it wasn’t an insult. The OP already wrote “I know need work on my legs…lol” so how will dropping to 4% bf facilitate any progress towards that goal?

The OP already knows what he needs to do, and manipulating Na+ and H2O levels is NOT it.

If he is making money off this show then that takes priority over his goals.

[quote]chillain wrote:
McSTE wrote:

Why not post something useful mate.

Honestly, it wasn’t an insult. The OP already wrote “I know need work on my legs…lol” so how will dropping to 4% bf facilitate any progress towards that goal?

The OP already knows what he needs to do, and manipulating Na+ and H2O levels is NOT it.
[/quote]

Yeah it doesn’t help his long term goals but his short term goal is a fashion shoot/photo op, and getting more shredded DOES serve that goal. Especially if there is money to be made.

You should probably post a current picture to show how far you need to go in the next 5 weeks. Otherwise there’s no telling. Maybe you’re too close to the situation and you’re already there and need to maintain, or maybe you need to take risks. Can’t tell without a current status.