5 Weeks Out from First Physique Show

I’m doing my first physique show. I want a honest opinion of what you think for 5 weeks out. Im 5’11" 190lbs. Thank you for the feedback.

I’m always a bit wary of commenting on physique athletes, because I’m not intimately familiar with judging criteria, but it would seem to me that you might be behind schedule on leaning out. Is this something you were thinking? I would think you’d want to be a bit closer to contest condition by this point. It could just be the lighting, but I’m seeing very little arm definition, and lower abs are definitely soft. If it were me, I’d want to be leaner by this point. You’ve still got 5 weeks though. Can get a lot done in that time.

What show are you doing? Do you know what past winners have looked like? This would help with assessment.

Aside from all that, I think you’ve got the right aesthetics for a physique show. Good torso lines and whatnot. Proportions look pretty right from what I’ve seen. Maybe a little lacking in the upper chest region and the delts. Those would be things I’d prioritize moving forward I think. I’d work on your back posing a bit, I don’t think those shots are the most flattering.

Yea I’m worried that I’m not lean enough but I also don’t want to step up on stage and not be ready.

I’m doing the govern’s cup in sacramento, ca. Here is someone that won my class
http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/contests/2014/npc_governors_cup/carlos_jimenez/

I’m a little behind in where I wanted to be. I had expected to be around 1-2% leaner. I’ve changed some things in regards to my last final weeks but I’m natural so I worry the last 5 weeks won’t get me there. My biggest concerns are my low abs and lower back which seems to be holding on to fat.

Thanks for your input

I think you’ll be alright. You’re not in a position where you’ll embarrass yourself IMO. Do what you can, and treat this as a learning experience if you don’t place well. I would definitely follow through and compete. Worst case scenario would be that you finish last, but you end up with some awesome pictures to post on Facebook/Instagram, lol. And you’ll be better prepared for the next time.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the input! I appreciate the time you took. And Thats true. I really don’t care about the Facebook Instagram stuff. I did this to push my training. Better prepared for the next time is probably the best thing that I want out of it.

Thanks again.