T Nation

5 Pounds of Lamb

So I’m thinking about purchasing and roasting a 5 pound lamb leg, my question is whether it is alright to keep the lamb in the fridge after roasting it, since I will not be able to finish the whole thing. Or would you suggest to cook the lamb in tiny portions each time?

Tell me Mondy, do you still awaken, to that awful screaming of the lambs?

Half the lamb before cooking.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Tell me Mondy, do you still awaken, to that awful screaming of the lambs?[/quote]

You vegetarian or something?

[quote]Mondy wrote:
Or would you suggest to cook the lamb in tiny portions each time?[/quote]

I would suggest you invite some T-Nation brethren to partake in said delicious baby critter.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Mondy wrote:
Or would you suggest to cook the lamb in tiny portions each time?

I would suggest you invite some T-Nation brethren to partake in said delicious baby critter.[/quote]

shotgun me.

hahaha im in China, are you willing to spend 1000 dollars just to come here and eat lamb?

[quote]Mondy wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
Tell me Mondy, do you still awaken, to that awful screaming of the lambs?

You vegetarian or something?[/quote]

It’s a silence of the lambs quote. I do something similar roast a big chicken on sunday, then I have plenty of meat for my sandwiches in the week - it’s fine for about a week.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Mondy wrote:
Or would you suggest to cook the lamb in tiny portions each time?

I would suggest you invite some T-Nation brethren to partake in said delicious baby critter.[/quote]

There’s something very satisfying about eating animal when it’s at its cutest.

I used to eat lamb pretty often in the UK. I liked lamb leftovers from the fridge. A leg of lamb tends to result in a fair amount of shrinkage during cooking, and then once you remove the leg bone… you have enough left for a meal & probably 2 snacks.

;o)

Renee

Oh man… I love lamb.

I am going to have a farm someday and I think I will have lots of little soft fuzzy cute cuddly baby lambs. I will name them… I will play with them… and then I will EAT THEM.

Mmmmmmmm.

Cook the whole thing IMO.

I usually cook like 4 lbs of meat at a time and it lasts for at least 4-5 days in the fridge. Besides, as they said, its gonna shrink, so you can easily eat the whole thing in a day or two :wink:

Now I’m craving lamb.

This is my very favorite recipe for cooking a huge hunk 'o lamb. Leftovers go great in absolutely everything.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=223110

[quote]sluicy wrote:
Oh man… I love lamb.

I am going to have a farm someday and I think I will have lots of little soft fuzzy baby cute cuddly baby lambs. I will name them… I will play with them… and then I will EAT THEM.

Mmmmmmmm.[/quote]

BAAAHHAHAAHHAAaaa

[quote]theAnj wrote:
Now I’m craving lamb.

This is my very favorite recipe for cooking a huge hunk 'o lamb. Leftovers go great in absolutely everything.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=223110

[/quote]

That is beyooootiful.

Do you eat mint jelly with it?

[quote]sluicy wrote:
theAnj wrote:
Now I’m craving lamb.

This is my very favorite recipe for cooking a huge hunk 'o lamb. Leftovers go great in absolutely everything.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=223110

That is beyooootiful.

Do you eat mint jelly with it? [/quote]

I’m actually not a fan of mint with lamb, despite its pairing popularity.

I much prefer pomegranate. I quite like just sprinkling the seeds over my slice of lamb (or arranging prettily if guests are over). Sometimes I make a pomegranate reduction made with pomegranate juice though, if I can’t find any good ripe pomegranates. I don’t really have a recipe for it since it’s just experimentation to taste every time, but here is a good example of what I’m talking about:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1599632

Lamb, pomegranate, and wine = one very happy Anj! (A good burgandy or Oregon pinot noir, mmmmmm…)

Oh, one of my favorite lamb leftovers is using chunks of it on a salad. Pomegranate seeds sprinkled on it work extremely well, or even crushed up and food processed into a basic homemade red wine or balsamic vinaigrette. Perhaps also a tiny little bit of crumbled goat cheese and a few walnut pieces and voila! Talk about envious looks from coworkers at lunchtime. :wink:

I’m hungry now.

I’ve never even tasted pomegranate.

I’m going to have lamb when we go home for Thanksgiving next week and I’ll have to try that.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
I’ve never even tasted pomegranate.

I’m going to have lamb when we go home for Thanksgiving next week and I’ll have to try that. [/quote]

Nice! I’d much rather have lamb than turkey. I may have to start a new tradition. :smiley:

lamb is probably my favourite meat. I’d pick a large rack of lamb over a steak any day

Berardi has a recipe for lamb chili in the Gourmet Nutrition cookbook. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m looking forward to it… maybe with leftovers next week.