From Former Clinton Adminsitration National Security Council staff member Daniel Benjamin, an article addressing the myths surrounding the practice of rendition.
Here are Benjamin's five myths:
1. Rendition is something the Bush administration cooked up.
2. People who are "rendered" inevitably end up in a foreign slammer ï¿½?? or worse.
3. Step one of a rendition involves kidnapping the suspect.
4. Rendition is just a euphemism for outsourcing torture.
5. Pretty much anyone ï¿½?? including U.S. citizens and green card holders ï¿½?? can be rendered these days.