Kingbeef
Alpha
RogueVampire

Albert Einstein
Abraham Lincoln
Mahatma Gandhi
Martin Luther King jr.
Nelson Mandela

Eh? Bono isn’t a person. He’s an abomination.

1 Like

Lmao

1 Like

Jesus. Western civilization’s time is named after him and has been for nearly two thousand years. In terms of worldwide fame through the centuries, I believe Jesus ranks first - there are people on every populated continent who have at least heard of him. Billions and billions profess or have actual faith in him. Even the Koran talks about him.

Judas Iscariot. Most people I’ve talked with who’ve heard about Jesus have also heard about Judas. Judas’ betrayal of Jesus is one of, if not the most, recognized betrayals in history, above even Brutus’s betrayal of Julius Caesar.

Mohammed. I believe there are around 600 million Muslims in the world today. Since his death in the 7th Century AD, people have known of and adhered to his teachings.

Buddha. I confess I’m least knowledgeable about Buddha. While Buddhists may not be as geographically dispersed as followers of other religions, billions have followed Buddha’s teachings through the centuries.

This one’s tough for me. I’m looking at things historically and making a plausible inference about who people of other cultures know about, which rules out more recently known people, even those as prolific as Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, and Albert Einstein. Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, Pharaoh Ramses 2 of Egypt whom Moses confronted, Moses, Cleopatra, Alexander the Great, King Cyrus of Persia, and Ghengis Khan are all reasonable choices. A case can also be made for Mary (Miriam), Jesus’ mom. I guess for the time being, I’m just going with the first four.

1 Like

1.That Jewish guy you gentiles worship
2. Mary, the mother of that Jewish guy (who is big among Muslims, too)
3. Buddha
4. Julius Caesar
5. Hitler

1 Like

Frankly, I think you have this backwards. He also had a 2000 year head start on being forgotten. Overall, most people get less famous with time, not more.

I think Jesus, Mohammed, and Buddha take top three pretty much no contest. It’s almost silly to me to suggest that any modern celebrities have comparable fame to any of these three. After that, it gets trickier. Moses may have a shot as well as he is regarded highly in Islam, Christianity, and Jewdaism.

I’d suggest that even if your criteria is about who is the most famous today you have to at least allow for averaging over a few decades. Kim Kardassian and Donald Trump may be well know now, but they were obscure 10 years ago and will begin to be obscure again 10 years from now.

1 Like

For certain. It could go either way, but in either case, it’s an opportunity not afforded to those that existed later in history. If nothing else, it’s an uneven comparison.

John
Paul
Ringo
George
Hitler

3 Likes

Well im going to list 5 that I know for sure existed (not bashing anyone elses opinions). I define famous by if you say the person’s name an individual will know who
he/she is or has heard of him/her. In no particular order

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Barack Obama
Mother Teresa
Adolf Hitler
Ozzy Osbourne

you think Ozzy’s more famous than John Lennon?

If we’re going with famous and/or infamous, this is mine, in order:

Jesus Christ
Adolf Hitler
Barack Obama
John Lennon
Queen Elizabeth (the current one… whatever number she is)

Honorable mentions include Michael Jordan, Stalin, and Mao Zedong. A diverse group to say the least.

Who’s John Lennon?

1 Like

John Lemon? Never heard of her

2 Likes

Johann Lemur? Wasn’t she in Planet of the Apes?

2 Likes

Most famous “fictional” people:

Superman
James Bond
Rocky Balboa
Tony Soprano
A mentally fit Donald Trump

1 Like

Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo

Probably not but he’s just so awesome so I included him

Like the 7597843597349876293845682347th