5 Months Progress

This is me in 5 months. I started to work out a little with the guys I work with. They sent me to this site I was 195, and now I am 186 and just put up 225 on my bench. first time ever!!

During the 5 months I just used the Flameout and Surge Recovery, and some GNC protein shakes. Plus I changed my diet. Lean protein and low carbs. I am training for an Adventure Race in October. My goal is to get to 175 and around 9% body fat.

This is me after 5 months

the side

Remember to work out your legs. Don’t just work the front of your torso. Work the entire body.

Your transformation is defiantly something to be proud of. You’ve also proved to yourself that you’re capable of a significant physical transformation. Sure, other people have been able to transform themselves from slop to swole but you can still have the comfort that for every 1,000 or more people who start an exercise program, maybe one like yourself can actually get results.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Remember to work out your legs. Don’t just work the front of your torso. Work the entire body.
[/quote]

I concur 100%. You’re excited about having made improvements and understandably so. Keep learning and working. The best is yet to come.

good job so far man just stay focused on your goals! i can see some definite improvements in the pecs, belly, and arms.

just out of curiosity, how tall are you? as mentioned before, don’t neglect the legs, they will in time, give you some serious power.

Excellent transformation!

I’ve just started trying to loose some weight - I’m carrying about as much as you in the first pic.

Hope I’ll make the same progress!

[quote]critter wrote:
just out of curiosity, how tall are you? as mentioned before, don’t neglect the legs, they will in time, give you some serious power.[/quote]

Thanks everybody. I am 6’0". I have been working my legs a little bit but not to the extent of the weight I should be doing. I hope to be in top notch shape by October for the race. Running and biking I think might a mental block for me wanting to lift heavy on my legs.

My typical workout routine consists of working out on my lunch break for about 40 min. I know that I should be doing more, and I am changing jobs so that time limit will be bumped up to be longer. But the regiment is:

Monday: Chest (Bench, Incline, Peck Deck)
Tuesday: Legs (Hack Squats, Leg Curls, Calves)
Wednesday: Core ( Leg lifts, Situps)
Thursday: Shoulders and Tri’s ( Shoulder Press, Incline Military Press, Shrugs, triceps Pull Downs)
Friday: Back and Biceps ( Pull-ups, Pull downs, Good mornings, Barbell curl)

I start out pretty good in the beginning week with my workout. Thursdays are weird because the fronts of my shoulders are the weakest, and I get caught up in doing to many exercises in the short amount of time. So I try to hit that everyday with a light weight.

It’s amazing to me how much has changed and I can’t wait to get to my goal. And BigAndy Don’t worry results will come!!!

Please comment on the regiment, I will most likely be shifting into a more cardio throughout the week, but I will still maintain the weight training workout. Endurance running, you NEED muscle.

I’m confused as to why I don’t see any barbell leg lifts up here. Is all that Wednesday?

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
I’m confused as to why I don’t see any barbell leg lifts up here. Is all that Wednesday?[/quote]

Yeah, pretty much. I forgot to add that I hold a barbell and bend towards the side working my oblique muscles (while standing). So in essence I just do a crap load of sit ups and leg lifts on Wed. I know that I need more variety.

But as I just just doing some research I am going to change my routine to the OVT. This routine seems to fit in with my schedule. But to answer your question yeah, Wed is just a bunch of leg lifts and and sit ups.