5 Months Progress/2 Months into First Cycle. Am I Doing Something Wrong?

So my whole life I’ve never been able to build true muscle, I went all throughout highschool working out for football and never really saw progression or strength increase… this was years ago of course

I’m taking test currently, started in March ends early june
Test E (500/week)

Went from 192lbs(november) to 171lbs(febuary)
Current weight is 180.4lbs

What should I focus on? Also any recommendations should I do low reps high weight?

Sorry if the pics aren’t the best I don’t have anyone to take some for me

These pics are from:
December, March(first test week), then May (currently)

Side view
December and now may

Give me your honest opinion on the progression, to me I feel like since march I haven’t had a significant impact

Here are some pics of my biceps, sorry I don’t have better pictures! I know this pose may not do it’s justice. Just know guys in my life I’ve barely been able to bench 135, now I can hit 185 1-2 reps

From March(started test) to May(current)

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

You probably shouldn’t be on gear at this point. At your age, you should have pretty good test levels and you’re just risking fucking up your own test production.

That being said, you should have made more progress in five months. What does your program look like?

2 Likes

If you mean routines usually I have a 2 week cycle
I usually do abs or cardio with each workout

Week 1 I focus on portions of my body
Mon-Bicep
Tues-Chest
Wed-legs
Thurs- back
Fri-Tricep
Sat- shoulders

Week 2
Mon- back/bi
Tues-legs/abs
Wed- shoulder/oblique
Thurs- chest/tri
Fri- (switch up random)
Sat- (switch up random)

Are you using progression - adding weight or reps each workout?

Dedicating a day to biceps is a bit of a waste of time, IMO.

I’m pretty stoopid when it comes to this stuff, bunch of guy a lot smarter than I, but I think you could be working smarter.

Good luck.

Have you tried a program from an “expert” like Westside, SS, or 5/3/1?

Bottom line, you probably need to get your diet in check and get a good program. You should probably get off the juice as well, at least for now.

Yes I’m doing around 85-90% with 6-4-2 reps
Then next time that day comes I do average weight with 12-10-8 reps

I try and do atleast 5/10 pounds more when my low rep day comes to keep progressing

Every so often I’ll do high intensity with 20-20 reps with cardio between

And

That’s progress. I can also tell the difference in your physique.

If you want to figure out the root cause of why you aren’t happy with the progress you’ve made, you have to try a few things:

• Try some programs from experienced coaches. These programs work, if other variables are right, we don’t know if your program works.
  • Get off the gear. You now know it isn’t your T levels that are causing the issue. So stop doing illegal, expensive, risky things to fix a non-existent problem.
  • Keep a food diary, even if it’s just a week or two. Nutrition is a big part of this, there may be clues in there. If you’re not sure, share it with someone who is.
  • Train with someone big and strong. Effort in training is important, and it can be very hard for people over the internet to tell for sure whether you’re putting enough effort in at the gym. Effort does not mean time.

Try these things, and you should get some insights into how to make all the work you’re doing pay off.

2 Likes

What are your goals and what are you eating on a daily basis?

So my whole life I’ve never been able to build true muscle, I went all throughout highschool working out for football and never really saw progression or strength increase…
It’s 2 years down the road from highschool and I decided to make a change.

What should I focus on? Also any recommendations should I do low reps high weight?

Sorry if the pics aren’t the best I don’t have anyone to take some for me

These pics are from December, March, then May (currently)

Side view
December and now may

Give me your honest opinion on the progression, to me I feel like since march I haven’t had a significant impact

Here’s some pics I took of my biceps most of you may not like it because it doesn’t do it’s justice with this pose I feel like…

February to May

You mean, you’ve never taken the necessary steps to build true muscle. Most often this is due to either a lack of progressive overload or inadequate nutrition, or both.

Everything.

You should start a training log and pick a program, and log what your workouts are and what you eat, and read other people’s logs, and ask questions! You have gotten bigger. But the way you’ve worded these posts leads me to believe you probably don’t have a solid diet and workout plan in place. If you do 5/3/1, eat at least 1g/lb of protein and at a slight caloric surplus for the next 5 years, I promise you’ll rescind your “never been able to build true muscle” comment. I say years because that’s how long this takes. Fat loss can be significant in one month, but one month isn’t shit in terms of muscle growth.

5 Likes

Aren’t you the 20 year old taking test?

2 Likes

…definitely the guy. Why do I not look at profiles before saying something?

Not smart enough to know how to train but smart enough to run gear. Shocker

2 Likes

You’re on gear and you look like that…? Jesus.

Why do you have like 7 toothbrushes and all in the same cup? Seriously, this is bothering me more than the fact that you thought taking steroids at your level was a smart idea.

5 Likes

He lives with mom and his sisters - the estrogen in the air from his sisters is wrecking his gainzzzz.

1 Like

And all 7 of them share the same bathroom AND toothbrush cup? Fuck, the bottom of that cup is the Petri dish that starts the apocalyptic zombie pathogen.

1 Like

I’m not sure that needed to be withdrawn to be honest. Summed it up pretty well.