5 Months on TRT Still Fatigued

After 5 months now on trt I am still so tired…I have a great sex drive, morning wood and I have lost 50 pounds but I can still barely get out of bed. TT is 1100 , E2 26 and I like those numbers but having this kind of sex drive but no energy to act on it is driving me nuts. I am still making it thru work with provigil but neither my urologist, endo or primary can figure it out. I wish it stayed like my very first shot of T, energy, libido and slept like a baby.

After two weeks of that it was never the same again. I do get the same response when I first start on sinemet (dopamine) but that soon wears off as well. My head is in a fog constantly, so I figured I would run it by you guys.
The only other thing on my blood work or 24 hour UFC is cortisol is high but not enough for any of the doctors to touch it.

it sounds like u might want to improve your GPP. Either Sled, pulling Hit Cardio, Tire fliping or Sand bag training

Dopamine is your issue. I had the exact same problem and cleared it up with Wellbutrin. When you first start TRT you get a rush of dopamine that lasts several days and you can’t sustain it. Some people do to a degree and others return to baseline. In my case I could stop TRT and restart in a month and get the dopamine rush again. It took me a while to pinpoint what was going on.

Wellbutrin is a fairly benign drug. (That’s been my experience anyway.) Give it a shot. You’ll defiantly have more energy.

I did try wellbutrin but even on the lower dose it way overstimulated me. I might try starting again and cut my pills in half. I did feel better physically though…not so heavy…the sinemet I take is dopamine but for some reason it makes me tired instead of awake like the wellbutrin.

Hey fish,
When I started on TRT, I felt great for a while, then all I wanted to do was sleep…

I started looking around and found there are a few of us men that TRT affects our ability to convert T4 into T3. I was already on thyroid meds, asked my doc to re-test me, and my T3 levels were in the toilet. She adjusted my Thyroid meds back up and life was good again.
I don’t know if thyroid is your problem too; but long term low T3 levels are known to cause depression.

Interesting, I will get that checked out.

1 Like

I will look it up.

Cabergoline looks really interesting… wellbutrin did great but it did over stimulate me. It did jump start my weight loss though. For those who are curious, I thought I would prove or disprove the hcg diet since I had extra on hand and I lost the last 40 pounds doing that and at 500 calories a day I really did not get hungry and according to my scale I lost very little muscle. Just my own personal experience but it worked for me.

I thought I would have more enery being 50 pounds lighter. One combo that works for me is ultram and phentermine, clears my head right up but I have a limited supply of both. I still have provigil which I love but it’s expensive.
I will see how I fell after I lose the last 20 or 25 pounds though.

I tried Cabergoline and it worked great for a while but lost it’s effectiveness after about 2 weeks so I stopped taking it.

I wish I was sensitive to drugs like everyone else seems to be. I’m on 300mg of Wellbutrin and it helps but does little. I always need the maximum dose of anything it seems.

300 cracked me out…couldn’t do my own injections while on it.

More drugs may not be the answer. Just saying…

Have you cleaned up your diet? How is your conditioning? How much sleep do you get? How many days per week do you lift?

My diet is pretty clean…if I wnated to take stimulants 7 days a week I could work out regularly but otherwise I have no energy. Sleep, I usually get 9 to 10 hours daily but it’s very very light sleep. Even as kid I never slept well.
I don’t weight train at all anymore, few years ago just around when I found out I had low test, I became to weak to lift and my knee’s elbows and thumb joints have a burning tingling sesnation in them.It seems to come and go now…It seems worse when I am under a lot of stress.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
rfish1966 wrote:
After 5 months now on trt I am still so tired…I have a great sex drive, morning wood and I have lost 50 pounds but I can still barely get out of bed.

TT is 1100 , E2 26 and I like those numbers but having this kind of sex drive but no energy to act on it is driving me nuts. I am still making it thru work with provigil but neither my urologist, endo or primary can figure it out. I wish it stayed like my very first shot of T, energy, libido and slept like a baby.

After two weeks of that it was never the same again. I do get the same response when I first start on sinemet (dopamine) but that soon wears off as well. My head is in a fog constantly, so I figured I would run it by you guys.

The only other thing on my blood work or 24 hour UFC is cortisol is high but not enough for any of the doctors to touch it.

Have you tried Geritol?

[/quote]

Bump down for asshattieness.

Actually I just started to lower my dose, so I should know if that works in a few weeks.

I would not decrease the dose. I am on TRT and my doctor told me that for something it takes longer to solve the related problems.

Then, do you have a good quality of sleep, do you have sleep apnea? Do you snore a lot. If I were you I would look at these before looking for the miracle medication.

I did have apnea and snoring problems, those went away with for first 25 pounds. I have a cpap machine with a removable card with data you can graph and it shows no evedince of apnea or snoring.

Mick-
Geritol didn’t do a thing by the way, thanks for the helpful suggestion though.

some lab work back from my brand new primary since the other just up and disappeared
LH and FSH low but I am on HCG

White blood cell count 9.75 3.83-9.22 High
RBC normal
HCT normal
MCV 78.2 81.9-96.3 LOW
MCH 27.5 27.9-34.1 LOW
Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) 112 21-72 High
E2 32.4 probably could bring this down
Free T3 4.44 2.77-5.27
Free T4 1.20 0.59-2.19
TSH 1.800 0.465-4.60
TT 831 240-950
Free T 40.7 9-30
Prolactin and everything else tested was right in the middle.