Hi all I’m a first time poster and hope to get some answers to questions I have :). I’m 46 years old, 200 lbs waist size 35’. In Jan 2019 my Test levels were below normal (under 8 nmol/L) and my doctor felt I would benefit from TRT.
I am now on month 5 of TRT, using 1.62% Test Gel, applied daily, for a total of 110mg Test per week. Here is some blood work below from May and from last week so you can get a fuller picture. The blood work from last week was due to pain in my right breast which I thought may be early symptoms of Gyno and I went to see my doctor. I have therefore started Arimidex with the permission of my doctor (0.25mg per day) and the breast pain has eased after 7 days (16 July to today) of treatment. I will now slow down to 0.25mg twice per week now that my E2 levels will definitely have dropped. I had my blood work after 1 day on Arimidex (0.25mg) on 17 July.
02 May 2019
Total Testosterone – 25.4 nmol/L (range 8-30)
Free Testosterone – 403 pmol/L (range 180-739)
SHBG – 55.6 nmol/L (range 18.3-54.1)
17 July 2019
Estradiol (E2) – 57 pmol/L
Total Testosterone – 20.1 nmol/L range 8-30)
Free Testosterone – 296 pmol/L (range 180-739)
SHBG – 57.7 nmol/L (range 18.3-54.1)
My questions are as follows:
- Was my estradiol high enough to get gyno symptoms? My breast and nipple was noticeably uncomfortable and has now eased up. I haven’t gone for the scan yet to confirm.
- Going forward now, I will dose with Arimidex 0.25mg twice a week per research I’ve done, and will follow up with more blood work in 3-4 weeks. Will my free test increase during this time?
- Why has my total and free test dropped from May to July? I noticed that in May my libido was higher and would like to keep my test levels up for this purpose.
- Can you comment on my high (just out of range) SHBG levels and how to reduce them?
- Any other comments to make given my blood work above?