5 Hours of Sleep

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
2 naps and 5 hours, you’ll do fine, but who has that schedule?[/quote]
At work, I get up to an hour lunch, and two 15 minute breaks.
I eat for half an hour, and sleep for 20, and then usually take one of the other naps to doze off in this unused break room the floor above us for a second. I have an oven timer I use for this.
My boss is and coworkers are aware that I do polyphasic, and generally see me as quite energetic, so I’ve yet to have issue from this, beside the occassional office gossip I imagine that I don’t even know about it.

I sleep 3-5 hours a night when I’m in school and maybe a 20 min nap during the day, then after about a week or so of that I power down for 10-16 hours (16 is my record lol)

But if my schedule is loose like recently it’s more like 6-8 every night

Lately the girlfriend has been keeping me up until 3 am, and I wake at 7 to start work and get the kid to school. Sometimes I’ll take a couple naps during the day, no more than 15 minutes at a time.

[quote]Dread wrote:
Lately the girlfriend has been keeping me up until 3 am, and I wake at 7 to start work and get the kid to school. Sometimes I’ll take a couple naps during the day, no more than 15 minutes at a time.[/quote]
Don’t you hate that shit? I felt like an old man always telling my girl if she wanted to have sex it has to be before a certain time, I can’t over sleep.

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:
I’d like to roll just on that, (5 hours of sleep), opinions?
Is this doable with polyphasic? Over the summer, I got by on 5 hours with three 15 or two 20 minute naps a day. Altho, I did feel like I was eating alot more perhaps because of it.

Is this possible to maintain, is it healthy?[/quote]

How old are you?
I was able to pull that kind of shit when I was younger (17-21/22). I NEED 7 hours of sleep now a days…

I operate pretty well on about 7 hours but I always WANT to sleep for like 10.

You can do a lot less for long periods of time if you really want to, use caffeine like you’ve got stock in it, and rest on weekends.

I dont know how you guys do it…for some reason for the past two weeks my dogs have been waking me up to go piss at around 3 - 4 am, Im up for maybe 5 minutes go back to sleep and when I get up at 6…I feel sick to my stomach and hence have been worthless for the past two weeks as well. I need 7 straight.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
I remember reading that the sleep cycle is ~90 minutes, and if you were to wake up between say 30-75 minutes, you’d be waking up during the deepest part of the sleep cycle, so you would feel pretty tired even tho you had slept what you think to be enough, ie sleeping 7 hours instead of 6 or 7.5 hours.
Like Nards said, it’s different for everyone, but I’ve found this to hold true for myself(getting less sleep but waking up at the right time to feel energetic, like this morning coincidentally)[/quote]

Your first sleep cycle is about 90 minutes into your sleep (unless sleep exhaustion is in effect). If you wake up after 5, 15, 30, 45, 60, 1.5 hrs. You’re good.

Let’s see if Professor X chimes in. I THINK I remember him saying how he compensated for little sleep in college by just eating more in order to recover from training.

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:
Let’s see if Professor X chimes in. I THINK I remember him saying how he compensated for little sleep in college by just eating more in order to recover from training.[/quote]

Hmmmm, then maybe there’s something to my untested theory that the smaller you are the more you sleep. I mean like I know some skinny guys, about 6 feet tall but 140lbs or 150 that sleep 11 hours or more if you let them.

^^ Don’t anybody take that the wrong way…I’m not watching these guys go to bed and wake up or anything.