T Nation

5 Hour Energy

im sure at some point almost everyone on here has tried a 5 hour energy… well I love the product and was wondering if there are any negative side effects from drinking 1-2 a day continuously. These are the contents:

Vitamins

Vitamin B6
Vitamin B12
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)

Energy Blend

Citicoline
Tyrosine
Phenylalanine
Taurine
Malic Acid
Glucuronolactone
Caffeine

Safety

Phenylketonurics
Large amounts of vitamins
Niacin flush

We have Spike. We need not of this ‘5 Hour Energy’.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
We have Spike. We need not of this ‘5 Hour Energy’.[/quote]

im not as much of a Biotest fanatic as everyone on this site ( even though i am going to order 2 Flameouts and 2 Surge Workout Fuel bottles this wknd ) but ive had Spike before it makes me too jittery. 5 hour energy works for me so my question stands…

[quote]diamonddelts59 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

im not as much of a Biotest fanatic as everyone on this site ( even though i am going to order 2 Flameouts and 2 Surge Workout Fuel bottles this wknd ) but ive had Spike before it makes me too jittery. 5 hour energy works for me so my question stands…[/quote]

Well you see there is Spike which everyone knows work… sooooo if you take that point, then why would anyone take something which is meant to be a stimulant and has VITAMINS in it…

Also taurine is a neuro relaxant in 90% of people… what red bull does to, brings you up and then brings you down so you take more…

[quote]300andabove wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

im not as much of a Biotest fanatic as everyone on this site ( even though i am going to order 2 Flameouts and 2 Surge Workout Fuel bottles this wknd ) but ive had Spike before it makes me too jittery. 5 hour energy works for me so my question stands…

Well you see there is Spike which everyone knows work… sooooo if you take that point, then why would anyone take something which is meant to be a stimulant and has VITAMINS in it…[/quote]

I believe Spike has a fuckload of B12 in it, as well, but that’s it.

And I also believe Thibs has mentioned several times that taurine is a downer that makes you buy more energy drinks.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
300andabove wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

Well you see there is Spike which everyone knows work… sooooo if you take that point, then why would anyone take something which is meant to be a stimulant and has VITAMINS in it…

I believe Spike has a fuckload of B12 in it, as well, but that’s it.

And I also believe Thibs has mentioned several times that taurine is a downer that makes you buy more energy drinks.[/quote]

is b12 the appetite stimulant vitamin or is that b6? id like that extra benefit… also what about Power Drive? do either of you supplement with that? why or why not

I’ve used Spike pills, Shooters, Double Shots…and the pills are the best, Shooters are a close second (Orange Gold = orgasm) and the Double Shots didn’t do much for me.

The 5hr energy drinks are pretty sweet too. I have only tried them because they are more available then spike (sadly). They are the same price!

Powerdrive is pretty good, I’ve been using it with DMAE and caffeine recently as a pre-workout drink; but have also taken it solo post workout.

first couple times I used 5 hr energy I got a well rested, fully awake feeling, nothing more.

Got nothing after 4 or 5 times using them though.

Spike is pretty much the only thing that body doesn’t get used to.