1)Random women â??bumpâ?? into you
2)Girls with boyfriends give you naughty looks
3)Men challenge you
4)People see you as a threat
5)You get unjustly classified as a douche bag

3)Men challenge you

Neva happened 2 me.

If professor x still views these forums this would be exactly the type of thread he’d chime in on

[quote]orion wrote:

Neva happened 2 me.[/quote]

Then ya better hit the gym bro

Humble brag translator:

1. Chicks want me
  2. Your girl wants me
  3. Dudes be jelly
  4. I am SO intimidating
  5. I bother humblizing these brags, so you you wouldn’t feel so bad that you aren’t me, so I’m not a douche

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
Humble brag translator:

1. Chicks want me
  2. Your girl wants me
  3. Dudes be jelly
  4. I am SO intimidating
  5. I bother humblizing these brags, so you you wouldn’t feel so bad that you aren’t me, so I’m not a douche[/quote]

Oh…

Well…

It all happened to me IN SPADES!!!

If you’re ugly at 155 you’re still ugly at 205.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

Neva happened 2 me.[/quote]

Then ya better hit the gym bro[/quote]

Yeah, I hear that non diabetuz kinda sorta attractive thing is a hit with da ladeez…

I just dont want to hit some douchebros in the kisser 24/7 brah, cuz its seems like work.

Plus, I have the gray temples now, which means I have to worry about mah dignitaaaayyy, on top of it all.

So, I could post what I would theoretically, do, but I dont, because even the douchiest of the douches are not like that, NDALT, (no douches are like that!).

Does not happen, for cereal.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

3)Men challenge you

[/quote]

I went from the awkward guy to the awkward jacked guy.

I did get asked by girls to come to their apartments . . . and help them move.

1. No not really…

2. I will say this. I get WAY more attention from guys who are out with their girls than I do from the girls lol. The dudes are always unnecessarily paranoid about it and make it out to be a much bigger deal to their girlfriend than it is. It’s not actually that important to chicks at all.

3. Guys definitely do NOT challenge you though. I have a theory on this. Most guys who are as “jacked” as you actually understand the culture and what it takes and they actually have a de facto bond with you about it lol. They can recognize a fellow iron brother. Guys who are out for trouble aren’t going to go for you. You’re way too big of a risk, and they don’t want to get their ass kicked. They either go for a smaller, easier target OR they go for the biggest, tallest guy they can find, because then, even if they fail they at least get some cred for taking on such a giant. Jacked dudes of average height fall into a deadzone here.

4. Maybe. I know at college I accidentally scared the shit out of girls on more than one occasion :frowning: I don’t know that that had anything to do with my physical proportions or just the fact that they’re told repeatedly at orientation that every male they see is out to rape them.

5. Well I am a douchebag so I dunno.

[quote]csulli wrote:
They can recognize a fellow iron brother. Guys who are out for trouble aren’t going to go for you. You’re way too big of a risk, and they don’t want to get their ass kicked. They either go for a smaller, easier target OR they go for the biggest, tallest guy they can find, because then, even if they fail they at least get some cred for taking on such a giant. Jacked dudes of average height fall into a deadzone here.
[/quote]

That is true.

But that logic can be wrong.

I once knew a guy named Marcel and he was around 160 lbs and 1,7 m if that.

We all knew not to fuck with him , but guys looking for trouble did not.

Every now and then we had to tear him off someone and carry him off to somewhere else.

When I think of not giving a fuck, he either gave none or three to many, I dont know.

Addendum regarding Marcels fate:

I bet he is very, very succesful right now, or he is dead.

I dont think he is somehwere in the middle.

I read this and have come to the conclusion that the author of this article cant walk in a straight line and keeps bumping into people. He also appears to have an active fantasy life and some latent homo tendencies from the picture associated with the article. He also cant tell the difference in a rat and a squirrel with the mange.

[quote]csulli wrote:
3) Guys definitely do NOT challenge you though. I have a theory on this. Most guys who are as “jacked” as you actually understand the culture and what it takes and they actually have a de facto bond with you about it lol. They can recognize a fellow iron brother. Guys who are out for trouble aren’t going to go for you. You’re way too big of a risk, and they don’t want to get their ass kicked. They either go for a smaller, easier target OR they go for the biggest, tallest guy they can find, because then, even if they fail they at least get some cred for taking on such a giant. Jacked dudes of average height fall into a deadzone here.
[/quote]

I have a different theory. A lot of those guys out looking for trouble fully believe the myth that bodybuilders aren’t really that strong. So they will seek out some one with an average frame that has put on muscle both to make themselves look tough and because they are stupid enough to believe that those of us with average frames and average height are non-functional. They will not seek out the guy that is 6’4" and 275 as even in their usual drunken state they know that they won’t have a chance.

I’m talking 5’10 and a lean 195-215 or so. Heavyweights are definitely going to have a different experience.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

3)Men challenge you

[/quote]

1 - Have never had this happen, ever, if anything I bump into doorways and corners not realizing how wide I am, but I’m also pretty spacey when I’m just walking around

2 - Having been both 225 lean and 185 cut, women prefer the smaller version, ironically even chicks that are tall, strong, or athletic themselves (I honestly believe this is because of the implication of longer and better sex due to being in ‘better’ shape), but when women with boyfriends are openly checking you out they’re admitting to themselves and their partner that you’re not a legitimate option, being ‘jacked’ will get you laid, but women don’t take you seriously no matter how intelligent or funny you might be, you’re just like a chick with big fake boobs, the girls that do pursue you beyond just sex are usually immature, shallow, and insecure, they don’t want a companion, they just want good dick and attention under the guise of a relationship that will make other girls jealous of their ability to tame a ‘beast’ such as yourself.

3 - In my experience, men don’t challenge you physically in the form of actual combat, most men are evolving into passive-aggressive drama queens in my opinion, but they will challenge you in other areas in order to compensate for feeling inferior, these areas will range from intelligence, humor, sexual prowess/penis size, or ability to play or possess past success in sports.

4 - They don’t see you as a threat, they are jealous of your work ethic and commitment to yourself and your well-being. You serve as a constant reminder to people that they could easily change what they don’t like about themselves with effort and discipline so they claim that you have no life outside of the gym or are a diet freak, this also leads to the aforementioned personal attacks from #3.

5 - Following the theme of my answers to #3 and #4, yes, people will also attack your character and integrity as a human being, being in shape and attractive is extremely alienating to people, but what I’ve found is that people will see you as endearing and actually appreciate you if you are upfront about your vanity and arrogance, denying that these factors don’t play a role in your pursuit of health and fitness is ridiculous, at the same time it’s also very liberating for yourself.

At my biggest/strongest i was about 290 lbs at 6’3, i once had a little girl standing in line at CVS scream and hide behind her mom’s leg when i got in the line behind them.

Wouldve been pretty funny if the mom hadnt looked at me like some child molestor…made for a very awkward wait in line.

Also, i think its pretty rare that anyone challenges you and i know its especially rare that girls out with their boyfriends are giving you funny looks. It just doesnt work that way unless you are also devilishly handsome/rolling in dough.

I find, even though I’m a fat ass, people want to touch my arms or make comments like “how much you bench” or “do you lift?”. I’ve never been challenged physically I avoid places that those situations come up, or as Mr Myagi said “best defense no be there in first place”. Women when they’re sober make comments about not liking big guys or something to the like, add alcohol and their on your dick like a hoover. Those are just what I’ve seen in my 38yrs, and 24yrs working out

Oh and I always bump into stuff, my hips turn out so I have to watch chairs because I hit them by accident and people assume I’m on teh roidz and ragin

Interesting article- hard to quantify these effects for me… relative to my high school classmates and competitors in my contact sport of choice, I was considered the “biggest” AND “strongest” (small high school lulz) merely because I lifted and was (and am) about 6’2

Wondering if y’all think this article is relevant to the notion of getting/being jacked for the modern man

If anything being big makes you appear as less of a “potential victim”