5 Forward 3 Back and 5 @ 95%

Well hello there humans of the interwebs, i have been lurking this forum for a while and read the forever 5/3/1. Been doing 5/3/1 for quite a while, just got a new book to log my workouts and the entierity of the old one was filled with 531 workouts.

So my question is this i was thinking of trying out the 5 forward, 3 back or wathever its called and my question is this; is this something i should try out if i can get 5 strong reps @95% or is it not worth it?

I really dont care about my TM, as long as i can get 5 @95 i feel all is fine, appreciate any help if my question doesnt sound fucking stupid. Could not find any info about how and if the 5@95 relate in anyway to 5 forward 3 back and if they are to be used simultaniously.

Apolegize any bad writing as English is not my first language.

Best Regards, V

If you can get 5 reps at 95% then that’s great, stay the course.

Use 7th week protocol to ensure TM is always correct, not the old 5 forward 3 back.

yeah i we been using the 7th week protocol if that means;

Start TM
1 week
2 week
3 week
Increse TM
1 week
2 week
3 week
4th week deload

If you read the 531 Forever book why not just run the routines like he recommends

2 - Leaders
7th Week Deload
1 - Anchor
7th Week TM Test

Rinse & Repeat.

Yeah sort of, most programs with a 2:1 set-up will look this:

7th Week TM Test (prior to starting new program)

Leader:

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

(Increase TM)

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

7th Week Deload

Anchor:

(Increase TM)

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

7th Week TM Test (prior to starting new program)

That’s exactly what I said. If he read the Forever book I figured I didn’t have to spell out every step.

Typing at the same time dude. But yeah it’s all in the book!