T Nation

5 Day Split

Hi guys,

I’ve been working out consistently for 2 years now. I weigh 195 pounds and I’m 5’10.

I first started working out with the Starting Strength program. After that I switched to a program designed by reg park - It was a pretty intense 3 day routine, I liked it and achieved massive results but it was pretty time consuming.

I’m hoping someone can give me some guidance on a good 5 day split program. I’m working a lot so I rather just be in the gym for like 30-40 minutes 5 days a week opposed to an hour or so 3 times a week like I was doing before.

Thanks,

5 day split is about as easy as it gets when it comes to figuring out an effective design.

Few basic rules
-Have as much time as possible between Back and Legs, less important if you aren’t squatting or doing DL variation (but you should be doing some form of both)

-Have as much time as possible between Chest and Delts

-Train arms in relation to everything else. Fit them in so if they are sore they don’t negatively impact back or chest days.

This is what I use

Back
Chest/calves
off
Legs
Arms
Delts/Traps/calves

I’m in the gym for 70 minutes a day. A bit longer on arms and legs because there are two whole muscle groups to work

What does your workout look like exactly?

Well the reason I didn’t lay it out is because you said you have about half as much time to do your workout per day than I do. And I wouldn’t just cut out half of my stuff to accomodate. So I don’t think my routine would really help all that much.

If you want to propose a plan I, and the rest of us, can look it over and give suggestions.