5 Day Fat Loss Hypertrophy Program Schedule?

Hey Guys,

Thibs, can you tell me what the typical week would look like for the Fat Loss Hypertrophy plan, including extra workouts/conditioning? How can I set it up so that I’m not over-training, including rest days?

I’d be interested in this too, looking to kick it off this week but want to make sure I fully understand. Thanks.

No CT, but I’m in week 2 of Phase 2, of that program. Here’s a little of what I’ve been doing:

For the HFST I do SGHP, Front Squats and low DB Incline Presses. I dislocated my shoulder and partially tore my deltoid last year, these exercises are the ones that I can do 5x a week without too much discomfort or aggravating my shoulder. This part takes between 30-45 minutes. I like to do jumps and some light mobility work between sets, to better warm up. Regardless of what you choose for the HFST, start light, much lighter than you think you should. It builds in intensity and volume through the 12 weeks, and the goal is to nail every rep with perfect form, not to be grinding out reps halfway through the program.

The circuits are hardest the week you start the program. I was fairly surprised how quickly my work capacity increased. That said, their effectiveness is determined by how hard you work. If you’re just going through the motions in round 4 because you’re tired, it won’t be nearly as effective as if you consistently push yourself. I don’t have access to a prowler or battle ropes, my replacements have been airdyne or erg rower, and doing high rep renegade rows, respectively. Not ideal, but it’s something. I also do a set of crunches to failure during the rest between rounds. I took this from CT’s old Ab Shredder plan, and it seems to be working great.

As far as weekly structure, I go Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat. I would give the program a shot for a month before ever worrying about adding extra days. Week 3 is especially difficult. I’ve also been walking on the treadmill afterwards, anywhere from 20-60 minutes, depending on the time I’ve got. I like drink MAG-10 during the walk, seems to kill a lot of birds with one stone. Oh and I recommend using Indigo and Plazma, intra-workout. It’s a ton of volume, and I prefer to go heavier on the circuits, Plazma will save you from over-training like you wouldn’t believe.

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rest days? I never take rest except when there is any kind of emergency or when I am much busy.

[quote]atpprom15 wrote:
Rest days? I never take rest except when there is any kind of emergency or when I am much busy.[/quote]

I used to be like that too. I just powered through fatigue. But I find that one day of rest can make the whole week more effective. The goal of training should not to “do work” but to simulate changes and a rest day will likely make the next 2 or even 3 workouts more productive then they would be and thus give you better results.

I am against 2 days off in a row when training with performance method (low reps/heavy weights, explosive lifts, compound movements) because after 2 days off the nervous system seems to lose its edge and performance is lowered despite being rested.