T Nation

5/3/1 Program Split Up 6 Days per Week

I am currently on week 7 of this amazing program. My question is can I split the training up to 6 days per week... For instance M-Squat T-bench W-dead T-press F-squat S-bench?

I’ve written numerous “high frequency programs” for 531. You must be smart about the volume and don’t turn into Assistance Exercise Champion. Remember training is easy when recovery is addressed.

My plan for assistance work on squat days was going to be a deadlift variation for sets of 5-7 reps using fatigue as my guide. On Deadlift days I wanted to do GHR or reverse hypers as my assistance work. Upper body days I was going to keep the same assistance work you already prescribed but with some dips or dumbbell presses added.

My plan for assistance work on squat days was going to be a deadlift variation for sets of 5-7 reps using fatigue as my guide. On Deadlift days I wanted to do GHR or reverse hypers as my assistance work. Upper body days I was going to keep the same assistance work you already prescribed but with some dips or dumbbell presses added.