5/3/1 Paul Carter and Jim Wendler Inspired Template

I have been reading Paul Carter’s books and Blog recently aswell as the norm and have been intrigued in giving Press Behind the Neck, Incline Bench, Stiff Legged Deadlifts and Pause Squats a go.

I came up with this following template but will use it after I finish Jim’s Beyond 5/3/1 Phase Program:

Mon:
Squat 5/3/1 + Jokers (All last 5/3/1 works sets done for PR)
SL Deadlifts BBB
Assistance

Tues:
Bench 5/3/1 + Jokers
Press Behind the Neck BBB
Assistance

Thurs:
Deadlift 5/3/1 + Jokers
Pause Squats BBB ( Now this was the BBB Lift I wanted some advice on as the reason for pause Squats is to build my “out the hole” Strength so maybe 5x5 would be better?)
Assistance

Fri:
Press 5/3/1 + Jokers
Incline Bench BBB
Assistance

Any help or advice from anyone would be highly appreciated, especially people’s previous experience with these variations.

Thankyou,
Tom

Those are all solid barbell movements so I don’t see any issues with this. For the pause squats, I would just use the weight from your first work set. It worked great for me to do 5 reps at 65% on week1 , 4 reps at 70% on week 2, and 3 reps at 75%. I did 3 sets of each with about 3 second pauses.

Cheers Meadows, FSL for the Pause Squats sounds like a plan. I will go by feel for reps.

funny, i did something like this… i used 531, jokers, fsl, with all my pressing and, yes, curls. i did some of pauls stuff for pulling and assistance. i was coming off a cube cycle and a bit beat up, it worked well.

It is either this option or the 5/3/1 Lift followed by the same lift for Back offs.

Cheers for the replies guys, decided to go for:

Mon:
Squat 5/3/1 + Jokers (All last 5/3/1 works sets done for PR)
Front Squats BBB
Assistance

Tues:
Bench 5/3/1 + Jokers
Incline Bench BBB
Assistance

Thurs:
Deadlift 5/3/1 + Jokers
SL Deficit Deadlifts BBB
Assistance

Fri:
Press 5/3/1 + Jokers