(floor) 195x2 215x1 225x1x2 sets 205x1x8sets

Ab Wheel
from knees
from feet
8x2sets

Straight arm pulldowns
80x8x3 sets

Notes:
A-Squats: 350 was good today. A little slow in the bottom, but not gut-busting hard. I’ll go for three singles next time.
I’m aiming for 365. When I can get that from the bottom, I’ll be certain that I can hit 405 from the top.
315 for 5 was a big PR for that height.
SOHP: Pretty tough today, actually. I may stay at 205 and bring up the weight on the 5-rep set a bit.
Power Cleans: I am terrible at power cleans. I bet if my technique was better I could pull more weight to my shoulders.
Oh well - I’m doing these to practice keeping my right shoulder back and keep my arms in their sockets.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
New thread

Old thread is the Saga of the Charming Albino at

Today’s Training:
2009-8-14
Seated OVerhead Press from chin (pin9)
barx15
115x4
135x3
155x3
175x2
190x1
205x1,1,1 (PR +5 lbs)
175x5 (PR + 5lbs)

Anderson Squat from Parallel (pin 6)
135x5
245x3
280x2
315x1
345x1 (PR +5lbs)
350x1 (PR +10lbs)
315x5 (PR +35 lbs)

Power Cleans
(from hang) 135x5 155x3 175x3
(floor) 195x2 215x1 225x1x2 sets 205x1x8sets

Ab Wheel
from knees
from feet
8x2sets

Straight arm pulldowns
80x8x3 sets

Notes:
A-Squats: 350 was good today. A little slow in the bottom, but not gut-busting hard. I’ll go for three singles next time.
I’m aiming for 365. When I can get that from the bottom, I’ll be certain that I can hit 405 from the top.
315 for 5 was a big PR for that height.
SOHP: Pretty tough today, actually. I may stay at 205 and bring up the weight on the 5-rep set a bit.
Power Cleans: I am terrible at power cleans. I bet if my technique was better I could pull more weight to my shoulders.
Oh well - I’m doing these to practice keeping my right shoulder back and keep my arms in their sockets.[/quote]

nice set of PRs!

better clean up a bit now

Thats alot of hard work! Good job.

Great workout and great PRs, DCA. The Andersons are coming along nicely.

There is a lot of effort, and I bet grunting, in there.

What a set of PRs DCA. I wish i was as terrible at power cleans as you say you are!

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Great workout and great PRs, DCA. The Andersons are coming along nicely.

There is a lot of effort, and I bet grunting, in there.[/quote]

Not a whole lot actually. I was cursing on the power cleans because I kept slamming the bar into my collarbones and wrenching my wrists, but other than - that not so much.

Thanks y’all. It’s been a good run so far.

Thanks y’all. It’s been a good run so far.[/quote]

Glad to hear it, when I need to restart and get inspired, your threads come through for me.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:
DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
Thanks y’all. It’s been a good run so far.

Glad to hear it, when I need to restart and get inspired, your threads come through for me.[/quote]

I’m sincerely pleased that it helps. Where ya been, El? All settled in the new place?

You must be feeling awesome. Reflecting back must also put a huge smile on your mug. Solid works are now your staple, sure does give more meaning to life. All I can say Bro, is never stop life just keeps getting better and better. Keep on smiling, cause you’re the man!

2009-8-16
Bench w/u
135x8
185x5
235x3

2-board
265x3
295x1,1,1 (PR +2 sets)
270x5 (PR +5 lbs)

High Zercher (mid thigh)
225x2
315x1
365x1
405x1,1,1 (PR +2 sets)

Romanian DL
330 5x2 sets (PR +5 lbs)

Chest supported BB Rows
205x5,6,8 (PR +3 reps)

Rolling Triceps extensions
40’sx10x2 sets

Notes:

Kinda pooped today. Probably should have taken the whole weekend off. Backed off the maxes set in these lifts last time and went for sets to consolidate the gains and not over stress myself. The bench I may have been light on. 295 was a breeze all three sets. I have a mental block over anything with a three in front I think. 300 even next time for three sets.

Zercher’s were hard. My back is still tired I think. It was rounding quite a bit it seemed in the vid.

CSBBR was fun though. I like making the bar clank on the bench. The louder the better since the volume of the clank tells me how fast and hard I"m pulling.

Nice work DCA. Very impressive, esp. the Zerchers and Romanians.

Very cool DCA…
nice work.

I like the csbbr need to implement something like that…

kmc

[quote]PeteS wrote:
Nice work DCA. Very impressive, esp. the Zerchers and Romanians. [/quote]

Thanks PeteS.

I sorta feel like I’m cheating on the zerchers what with starting them so high, but I figure the extra stim of the higher weight will help squat and dead more.

Big lifting DCA.

I agree with everyone else… thats some good work DCA

Thanks for the support, guys. I keep expecting this program to peter out or to get hammered by it, but it keeps not happening. I may hit all my goals before year’s end.

I revised my deadlift up from 500 to 550 (cuz then I can say to myself without reservation that I might be strong).

so my current deficits are
Lift Deficit Target Current Best

MP 15 200(205) 185(doubled)
BP 25 300(315) 275 (from the bottom)
SQ 5 400(405) 395
DL 35 550 515

The anticipation is killing me. Spare moments are going towards analyzing my lifts. I can’t carry on a decent conversation these days.

I need a couple of cycles of either heavy GMs (or high rep lighter ones) to get my lower back stronger with more stamina when parallel to the floor and leg presses to make me faster off the floor on DLs. I drive with my quads while stabilizing with the hams and once the bar is around the knees the ass and hams take over. But my lower back is not up to the task as much as I’d like. There’s a lot of power leakage there. If the lift is slow my lumbar muscles don’t have the stamina to hold extension. I thought front squats would do something for the quads, but I can’t use enough weight to make a difference.

I’m going to take a rep/circuit day on shoulders tomorrow. Shoulders are feeling tight and a little weird. I’m attempting 525 for DL tomorrow too and will making that the first lift (cheater!).

Very big lifting going on here mister DC Albino.

Thanks for the support, guys. I keep expecting this program to peter out or to get hammered by it, but it keeps not happening. I may hit all my goals before year’s end.

I revised my deadlift up from 500 to 550 (cuz then I can say to myself without reservation that I might be strong).

SQ 5 400(405) 395
DL 35 550 515

The anticipation is killing me. Spare moments are going towards analyzing my lifts. I can’t carry on a decent conversation these days.

I need a couple of cycles of either heavy GMs (or high rep lighter ones) to get my lower back stronger with more stamina when parallel to the floor and leg presses to make me faster off the floor on DLs. I drive with my quads while stabilizing with the hams and once the bar is around the knees the ass and hams take over. But my lower back is not up to the task as much as I’d like. There’s a lot of power leakage there. If the lift is slow my lumbar muscles don’t have the stamina to hold extension. I thought front squats would do something for the quads, but I can’t use enough weight to make a difference.

I’m going to take a rep/circuit day on shoulders tomorrow. Shoulders are feeling tight and a little weird. I’m attempting 525 for DL tomorrow too and will making that the first lift (cheater!).[/quote]

Your analyzing, re-analyzing and overanalyzing doesn’t surprise me in the least. It fits the personality. Well as much personality as can be gleaned over the interweb.

Great goals. Although, you are being conservative, me thinks.

I have also developed somewhat of an obsession with “the plan.” Having to work, instead of endless cycles of lift and refine the plan, is really starting to piss me off.

Can’t wait to see you hit them blow past the goals!

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
DaCharmingAlbino wrote:

SQ 5 400(405) 395
DL 35 550 515

I’m going to take a rep/circuit day on shoulders tomorrow. Shoulders are feeling tight and a little weird. I’m attempting 525 for DL tomorrow too and will making that the first lift (cheater!).

Your analyzing, re-analyzing and overanalyzing doesn’t surprise me in the least. It fits the personality. Well as much personality as can be gleaned over the interweb.

Great goals. Although, you are being conservative, me thinks.

I have also developed somewhat of an obsession with “the plan.” Having to work, instead of endless cycles of lift and refine the plan, is really starting to piss me off.

Can’t wait to see you hit them blow past the goals![/quote]

Maybe they look light now, but I’ve been after these since a 315 squat, a 225 bench and a 400 DL was a big deal to me. A few years. So I’m knocking these down first. Later I’ll think about what comes after.