5/3/1 for Bulking Up?

Whats up guys

I’ve been through a couple cycles of the 5/3/1 so far and i recently just started bulking up again. Im wondering if i should stick with the 5/3/1 or switch to a different program. I understand the primary goal of the 5/3/1 is to get stronger, which will lead to some size gain, but is there another program that would size me up more efficiently?

Long term goal is to look strong and be strong. Currently 190lbs, 5’ 10’', around 16% bodyfat.

Do 5/3/1 Boring But Big and you will definitely add mass.

There are definitely programs better than 531 for adding mass. There are plenty of programs on this website with that very goal in mind. However, the key to gaining muscle will always be proper diet and recovery.

Food.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
Do 5/3/1 Boring But Big and you will definitely add mass.[/quote]

This if you want to continue with 5/3/1. With the BBB lifts and enough calories you should definitely add mass.

There are hundreds of programs that will add significant size to you, including several 5/3/1 variations (Boring but Big etc.). The one that will work best is the one you stick to best so pick one that excites you, get your nutrition sorted and do it.

Thanks for the input, going to stick to the 5/3/1 for now and eat as much as a can

The Rest/Pause Challenge will add some serious mass and strength if you give it your all. It’s only two days a week, but is rougher than any 4-day template I have ever used. It is not for the weak-willed, and it will catch up with you if you don’t eat a massive amount of calories…even on your off-days. I have been training for 14 years, and I was sore after every session on this template for 12 weeks straight. Yes, being sore doesn’t always mean ‘growth’, but grow I did.

Give it a look, and don’t be fooled by its simple-on-paper look. It is a bastard.