5/3/1 - Deloading Before 4th Week

[quote]Podgorica10 wrote:
You obviously dont get me! There is a natty limit to what u gain a week (lean muscle). Thats why most ppl shoot for 0.5 lbs gain a week. However the book says u can gain 1-2 lbs a month without adding too much fat. Got me know?

[quote]JFG wrote:
Serious? All you got out of what I said is “That’s a lot of calories” and “What is my gain going to be”?

If you gain to much weight too fast, you are eating to much or not working out hard enough and vice versa.

This is your first 5/3/1 cycle. Do it for minimum of 6 cycles, stop complaining about 'over training", adjust your diet as above and stop sweating the small stuff.

Trying to figure out how much weight you will gain on a diet is pointless. WAY to many variables. Use the rule of thumb, make adjustment as needed.[/quote]
[/quote]

Last try.

The scale is only one tool. If you prefer to use exclusively, you are in for a headache. There are way to many variables to be able to make a justification of “x amount of weight per y amount of time”. Don’t care if you are natty (god, I hate that word), juice, a mutant, etc. No two people are exactly the same when it comes to lean muscle gain. it is also not linear, so it will NEVER be the same week in, week out.

“Most” people do NOT shoot for .5 lbs per week, as you do not know “most” people. Assumptions don’t make a statement correct.

Counting your lean muscle gain before you start is like putting the horse before the cart. It doesn’t work. Keep up with the 5/3/1 as written for 6 months. Follow the AD diet as written and make adjustments as need. Weight yourself and look in the mirror to “see” your progress and make adjustments as needed. We are talking small adjustments here. no complete overhaul.

Making a goal of how many pounds of LBM you can put on, according to a book, is not realistic, IMO. It serves as a guideline, not a written in stone statement. Use SMART for goal settings and remember that the iron game is a life long pursuit.