T Nation

5/3/1 Day 3 Substitute - DB Snatch?


#1

Jim, I was wondering if DB Snatch would be a substitute for military press...my max squat was 385, and on wave 1, week 2 I got 335 for 7 pretty easy on the last set of 3 plus. Thanks for this program and all your help!


#2

You might want to ask this in the 5/3/1 thread.


#3

No. Push press or jerk are OK- taken from the book.


#4

[quote]Ryan71 wrote:
No. Push press or jerk are OK- taken from the book.[/quote]

win.

-chris


#5

Weirdest substitute ever…


#6

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Weirdest substitute ever…[/quote]

When I saw you commented this thread I was sure it was going to be a, “if only there was a thread…” joke.


#7

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Weirdest substitute ever…

When I saw you commented this thread I was sure it was going to be a, “if only there was a thread…” joke.[/quote]

Nah I think this warranted me going the extra mile to be honest… don’t you?


#8

[quote]Hanley wrote:
VikingsAD28 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Weirdest substitute ever…

When I saw you commented this thread I was sure it was going to be a, “if only there was a thread…” joke.

Nah I think this warranted me going the extra mile to be honest… don’t you?[/quote]

I don’t know, DB snatches and barbell presses are almost the same…


#9

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
VikingsAD28 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Weirdest substitute ever…

When I saw you commented this thread I was sure it was going to be a, “if only there was a thread…” joke.

Nah I think this warranted me going the extra mile to be honest… don’t you?

I don’t know, DB snatches and barbell presses are almost the same…[/quote]

Yup, for people who don’t know their arse from their elbow*!! (or shoulder… whatever)