5 / 3 / 1 + Crossfit with Limited Equipment?

Hey,

my goal is selection for a specialized police unit (like SWAT). The selection course starts in 11 months.

For the next 8 weeks I got “only” access to a barbell, dumbbells, ~100kg (220lbs) of weights, a bench, rings for pull-ups and 20kg (44 lbs) kettlebell. So I can’t do heavy deadlifts or squats.

So I’m looking for a routine I can do with this equipment. The goal (of the strength routine) is gaining strength gut I’d like to add some strength endurance / crossfit-like training.

I thought about doing 5/3/1 for the main lifts (mo, tu, th, fr) and add a “WOD” instead of the bbb part.

But I’m wondering how to substitute deadlifts and squats in the next weeks.

----- for those who want to read more ----

My workouts for the last two years looked like:

strength alternating mo, we, fr:
A) squat, bench, pull-ups
B) deadlift, press, pull-ups
with 3x5 or 3x3.

running mo, we, fr, (sa)
intervals 1-2 times/week, 1x long easy run, 1x 2-5km (~1,2 - 3,1 miles)

swimming tu, th, su
1 hour with training group, mostly intervals

maxes are
bench: 105 kg (231 lbs)
press: 65 kg (143 lbs)
deadlift: 170 kg (375 lbs)
front-squat: 107,5 kg (237 lbs)

@ 1,87m, 86kg.

Just do 10 or 15’s pro for the squat/deadlift.

Jim would be the person to listen to here, but if you do feel like trying some crossfit there are plenty of workouts with lower weight, higher rep deadlifts in them, but they’re probably not going to increase your 1RM as much as heavier lower rep deads.
Just make sure to pace yourself and use good form, scale the weight down if need be too. Ego creates injuries, its a long term game.

With 100kg you can do Dianne which is pretty challenging
21-15-9
100kg Deadlifts and Handstand Pushups. Lots of volume, lots of fun

Dan Bailey set the record for this at 1:35…what the fuck.

There was also an Open Wod, I think 11.4 which is
15min AMRAP
9 Deadlifts (70kg)
12 pushups
15 box jumps (use a bench and make sure you stand fully each rep, don’t hop like a bunny)

Hopefully these can give you some ideas brother, best of luck with the selection

Oh and “death by’s” (you can do these with many exercises) are great for a shit tonne of volume.
Basically, If you’re not familiar (sorry if you are), you set a timer and do 1 rep, rest for the remainder of the minute, then do two reps at 2 minutes, three at 3 etc. So your rest time will decrease as your reps increase, continue for as long as you can…obviously use some common sense and don’t fuck yourself up.

And remember, it’s still crossfit even if you wear a shirt

I probably wouldn’t do these with deadlifts, but squats with body weight (85kg) on the bar is a good challenge