5/3/1- Chest/Back Separate or Together?

I have a question regarding “The Triumvirate”. Instead of doing DB rows on bench day, could I do DB bench instead and move the DB rows to the dead lift day so I’m able to hit just chest and back on their own days?

Also, the program has the Overhead Press on Day 1 and Bench on Day 3. Could I switch them?

Yes to all of those questions.

I’m sorry, but I have to.

smh…

Should I balance it out a little more? It’s not too press heavy?

You could always do chins inbetween sets of the main bench and press work.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
You could always do chins inbetween sets of the main bench and press work. [/quote]

I also suggest this

Powercleans or Power Snatches before one or both of the lower body main lifts could help too with the upper back issue.

Not too big a fan of the snatches or cleans. How about this?

Monday

Bench 5/3/1
Chins 5x10
Incline 5x10
DB Rows 5x15

Tuesday

Deadlift 5/3/1
Good Mornings 5x10
Hanging leg raises 5x10

Thursday

OH Press 5/3/1
Chins 5x10
Dips 3x10
CG Bench 3x10

Friday

Squat 5/3/1
Leg Press 5x10
Leg Curl 5x10
Crunches

This is just my opinion, and am just tossing out a suggestion.

The way i always looked at it was if i did back on both press days (bench and overhead), then i could get twice as much back work as opposed to just hitting my back once a week. After i bench, i like to hit a set of Kroc Rows for 20-30, and after i overhead press, i like to 5x10 DB rows.

I also do pull-ups on both days. Wendler recommends doing 2 pulls for every 1 push, and this is the only way i can get in that much pulling. If i squeezed that many pull movements into one day, i dont think i could work at a high enough % throughout.