5/3/1 Beginners, Should I Delay?

so yesterday i had little sleep and today i wont be able to sleep much at all. (5 hours each) im currently doing 5/3/1 beginners and will start second week on monday. should i reduce my calories now since i wont be able to sleep much and maybe start week 1 next week due to poor sleep? should i delay and start over? sorry im a beginner

Just do the program. You should be using a training max you can easily hit for 3-5 reps, so that will help account for good and bad days. You’ll be fine, but don’t drop your calories especially when you want to be recovering better.

You use a training max to account for all the days when your sleep sucks, you don’t eat enough or whatever other excuse you can dream up.

Eat like a man and train hard. If something doesn’t go according to plan then deal with it instead of shitting the bed and adjusting every possible variable to try make up for it.

1 Like

Damn, five hours sleep? I call that a good night.

2 Likes

If it’s important, do it now. Why wait?

“Your days are numbered. Use them to throw open the windows of your soul to the sun. If you do not, the sun will soon set, and you with it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

2 Likes