5/3/1 BBB, Strength Dropping

Switch to BBB for 2 weeks, eating on caloric surplus, i can tell and feel that im getting a little more mass, not much more fat. But strength seems dropping. For example, feel so weak on bench for 5 week and 3 week. Is this normal? Im confused

[quote]death_ak wrote:
Switch to BBB for 2 weeks, eating on caloric surplus, i can tell and feel that im getting a little more mass, not much more fat. But strength seems dropping. For example, feel so weak on bench for 5 week and 3 week. Is this normal? Im confused [/quote]

What program were you coming off of? Maybe you are more fatigued than your last program making you feel weaker day to day. Sleep, stress, etc can all effect how you perform in the weight room. Two weeks isn’t really long enough to tell if you’re losing strength yet.

[quote]littlesleeper wrote:

[quote]death_ak wrote:
Switch to BBB for 2 weeks, eating on caloric surplus, i can tell and feel that im getting a little more mass, not much more fat. But strength seems dropping. For example, feel so weak on bench for 5 week and 3 week. Is this normal? Im confused [/quote]

What program were you coming off of? Maybe you are more fatigued than your last program making you feel weaker day to day. Sleep, stress, etc can all effect how you perform in the weight room. Two weeks isn’t really long enough to tell if you’re losing strength yet. [/quote]

Coming off BBB 5x5
I know 2 weeks is not a long period of time, so im not so worrying. Im gonna follow the program anyways. Just something i found interesting. And squat is progressing pretty well like always, just bench and overhead press. I took a step back before i started this BBB.

[quote]death_ak wrote:

The BBB program isn’t necessarily for strength. I have heard some that gain strength with it, others experience what you described, most likely due to the volume. BBB is designed for size, hence the name. So, do it for a few cycles, gain some size, then switch to a 5/3/1 template geared more toward strength.

Yea, i lay out the program for the next half year. 5x10, then 5x5, 5x3,even 5x1
It was the interesting fact to see strength dropping so dramatically. For the first 2 weeks, volume should not catch me yet.
Maybe due to the time i work out, it is early in the morning. I dont know, just wanna share with everyone

You didn’t lose strength in 2 weeks. You were either stressed/fatigued/dehydrated/body was being a bitch or have been under-eating.

2 weeks? Unless you haven’t eaten at 90% compliance or got hurt or whatever - I don’t think so. BBB really isn’t a strength template though.

I was feeling that much on that day. Im doing the 27 weeks BBB program, so yea, will get to the strength phase

Very few things in life are straight lined linear. There are peaks and valleys. Usually though when one thing is dropping or just not progressing, something else is.