T Nation

5/3/1 BBB of a Weak Ass

Saturday’s workout was from last week as I couldnt make it.

Deadlift
5x100kg
5x115kg
AMRAPx125kg I got 10 reps with a weight that 2 months ago I could only get 3 or 4

Squat
3x10 75kg I didnt have time to do 2 more sets and my stomach wasnt feeling very good

Last week of fourth cycle and everything keeps at good pace. This time I really want to do the deload as perfectly as possible to improve even more.

Bench
5x75kg
3x80kg
AMRAPx90kg I got 5 although I was expecting 6. Btw more kilos are adding to bench

Press
5x10 50kg

Close grip bench press
3x10 60kg

Rows
5x10 32kg

I thought my bench was behind the other movements but its actually moving very good

I keep busy in my daily life but also training, eating and sleeping the best I can.
Tuesday workout:
Squat
5x95kg
3x105kg
AMRAPx120kg I got 7

Deadlift
5x10 95kg

Hanging leg raises
5x10

Today I was so tired after school that I had to take a nap. Then went to the gym for pressing day and I felt like doing other things as assistance.

Press
5×60kg
3x65kg
AMRAPx70kg I got 4

Bench
5x10 65kg

One hand dumbbell press
5x10 16kg

Lateral raises/ front raises/ band pull apart
3x10

Lat pull down ss face pull
3x10

Today is friday and the body knows it. It was time to deadlift and from being a weak point, now its almost decent.

Deadlift
3x110kg
3x120kg
AMRAPx135kg I got 9 (does it count as cardio?)

Squat
5x10 75kg

Abs wheel
5x10

I spent something like 15 minutes stretching and foam rolling at the end and it made me feel flexible again. Tomorrow is supposed to be rest day but Im going to do some light biceps/triceps and maybe a barbell complex

Good luck with the work the day after deads. I’m usually so trashed after deads I am not interested in doing much more than walks

Solid lifting mate, keep up the consistency and you will smash your goals in no time

Same. I dont feel like doing other thing rather than sleeping buuuut I want my triceps to grow so thats the reason to go today

Thanks mate. Best wishes for you too :muscle: I’ve added 20kg/45lb to each movement in 3 months. Thanks god I came across Tnation and all of you

The hypertrophy work out planned for this morning is not going to happen. Soreness and a family dinner changed it. Maybe this evening… hahah

Deload week has arrived and Im thankfull because Im feeling horrible mentally and dont really want to do anything.

Bench
5x55kg
5x60kg
5x65kg

That was all for today

I’ve also started 5/3/1 and have just finished my first cycle of this and it seems to be going great but just not a big fan of doing squats and bench heavy once a week, how often do you try and max out on your lifts?

I havent maxed out since I started 5/3/1 but because I dont think its necessary. Gains will come slowly so I dont really want to end a cycle and test my RM. The only thing that can help to feel strong is the AMRAP set

I wasn’t sure whether to carry on because the volume didn’t seem like a lot but might give it another cycle and see how it goes. Thanks

In my opinion, if you want strenght gains, this template is amazing but if your objective is hypertrophy a change might be good. I also felt that volume was low but later you’ll be so tired that you wont want more volume hahah.
Even if you still feel that is low, you can add some exercises to improve your weak links

Today were the 5/3/1 deadlifting sets even if its deload. At first I didnt feel comfortable but later it was better.
Deadlift
5x115kg
3x125kg
AMRAPx140kg I got 7 but maybe I had 1 more in the tank

Squat
5x10 75kg

Hanging leg raises
5x10

Also anyone know where do this come from? Its on my armpit and its possible to remove them? They arent almost visible but Im curious

Sorry for not being active this week but deload week has me drained. As weight is lighter than other weeks, it doesnt feel the same. However here is yesterday’s workout

Press
5x40kg
5x45kg
5x50kg

Javelin press (just wanted to try it)
3x5

Now Im about to leave to the gym and todays workout is more of the same. Squats deload and some abs

Squat
5x60kg
5x70kg
5x85kg

Hanging leg raises
3x10

Im keeping the kcals the same and Im getting good sleep to make sure my body relaxes and it restored for the next 6 weeks because Im not going to have any mercy