5/3/1 BBB 3 Day a Week Routine

Hi guys.

I wanted to get some feedback on my upcoming 3 day split.

It´s a modified 5/3/1 routine inspired by Jim Wendler`s article that can be found here :

Here goes :

Monday :

Agile 8 + circuit training warm-up

Squat 3X10
Deadlift 5/3/1 ( Main Lift ) 5 warmup sets , 3 working sets , Reverse Pyramid

Dumbbell Bench Press 5 X 10 supersetted with
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 5 X 10

Cable Crunch 3 X 10 supersetted with
Hanging Legraises

Wednesday :

Squat 3X10
Barbell Incline Bench 5/3/1 ( Main Lift ) 5 warmup sets , 3 working sets , Reverse Pyramid

Barbell bent over row 5X10 supersetted with
Barbell Close grip bench 5X 10

Weight plate Crunch 3X10 supersetted with
Hyperextensions 3X10

Friday :

Squat 5/3/1 ( Main Lift ) 5 warmup sets , 3 working sets , Reverse Pyramid
Shoulder press 5/3/1 ( Main Lift ) 3 warmup sets , 3 working sets , Reverse Pyramid

Pull Ups 5X10 supersetted with
Dumbbell Curl 5X10

Dumbbell sidebend 3X10 superseded with
Plank 3 sets

I strongly recommend you to do some ready template. If you need to make changes, keep them as small as possible.

I’m saying this because I have made too many templates after having inspiration from template/program made by somebody else. Of course they will work if you stay within the principles, but why take the risk? Do something what is tested already.

You can also put down your own template, but do it first only with 5’s PRO+ FSL + minimal assistance work, so you can add things to it by experience.

You can do A LOT BETTER. You are combining a ton of shit and adding in things that are irrelevant. Try it again. And remember not everything can be done/should be done when programming. That is why you work in cycles.

Dear EVERYONE: stop trying to fit a year of training into a week!

2 Likes

Just do the full body routine. Squat, Push, Pull.
Or the BBB and split the lifts up. The beauty of BBB is the volume, and sweat, and sheer fear,

Do a Squat, Do a press, Do a pull - make one lift a day the 531 lift and do the other two for 5x10 @50%

I know that the thought of no BBB 5x10 madness after the main lift is hard to get over, I struggled for ages but you just end up getting burned out doing so much volume.