4th Week of TRT, Before & Current Labs

Good afternoon gentlemen, I crashed my levels after taking over the counter prohormons and estrogen blockers. I felt great of 3 weeks then I slowly started to feel extreme muscle fatigue, shortness of breathe, over exerted myself very fast, anxiety, dizziness. I got my blood work done. I’ll post those results from the trt doctor, I started trt a week after the first lab results and now I’m on week 4, taking .8ml of 200 mg/ml testosterone cypionate once a week. I’m 32 yo male. Can someone please give me advice on my new levels. Also I took an AI but I felt horrible like my estrogen crashed. Took the AI the first week. Just now starting to feel normal. Thank you.

4 weeks into TRT isn’t long enough to really assess what your levels will be when everything stabilizes… you need 6-8 weeks minimum for bloodwork to be relevant.

Well people usually do feel like their E crashed when they take AI lol. What did you take and what was your dose?

How’s your blood pressure doing? your dose may be too high for you

2 Likes

Thank you! I don’t know what my blood pressure is but I know I feels high at times. I was prescribed ANASTROZOLE 1 MG twice a week. I only took one and then I felt like shit for two weeks. I’m scared to take it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Your E2 was crashed before you started testosterone! Then you were started with anastrozole? Fortunately, you discontinued it.

If you are paying for those labs, do not repeat FSH and LH while taking testosterone.

No need for repeat PSA testing.

1 Like

Some guys are AI over-responders and any amount leads to problems. I even tried a 0.050 anastrozole and things quickly got out of control.

1 Like

Thank you for the info!

And what’s PSA testing?

Prostate specific antigen. This can become elevated due to a urinary tract infection, benign prostate hypertrophy and prostate cancer.

This test is usually done yearly by my provider.

1 Like

What do you do to lower your E levels? Vitamin D3, zinc, maca root?

My estrogen level is 48 right now. Is that fine? I think I might be a over responder to it.

Some guys have symptoms of high estrogen, some don’t. Mine is high and no symptoms are present.

Lose weight, there are large amounts of aromatase in visceral fat.

1 Like

@systemlord okay thank you!

Levels at week 3 are going to be very, very close to what they will be at week 5-6. The curve really starts to level off, so much so that I’d be comfortable saying your end of week 3 level is basically what your end of week 5 level is. Given the usual caveats with test Cyp.

Saying that, the response to that comes weeks down the road. I see about a 2 week “delay” before my body/brain catches up to the new levels. This would line up with the usual 6-8 weeks before really seeing how you feel

3 Likes

Thank you! Should I been concerned with any of my levels right now? @swoops39 @systemlord

[quote=“Socaljoe62, post:7, topic:277592, full:true”]
And what’s PSA testing?[/quote]

Is the PSA test recommended for prostate cancer screening?

Beginning around 2008, as more was learned about both the benefits and harms of prostate cancer screening, a number of professional medical organizations began to caution against routine population screening with the PSA test. Most organizations recommend that individuals who are considering PSA screening first discuss the risks and benefits with their doctors.

Some organizations do recommend that men who are at higher risk of prostate cancer begin PSA screening at age 40 or 45. These include Black men, men with germline variants in BRCA2 (and to a lesser extent, in BRCA1 ), and men whose father or brother had prostate cancer.

In 2018, the United States Preventive Serves Task Force (USPSTF) updated its recommendation statement for prostate cancer screeningExit Disclaimer from a “D” (not recommended) to a “C” (selectively offering PSA-based screening based on professional judgment and patient preferences) in men ages 55 to 69. (The USPSTF continues to recommend against PSA screening for men 70 years and older.) The updated recommendation, which applies to the general population as well as those at increased risk due to race/ethnicity or family history, is as follows:

• For individuals ages 55 to 69 years, the decision to undergo periodic PSA-based screening for prostate cancer should be an individual one. Before making the decision, a person should discuss the potential benefits and harms of screening with their clinician and consider these in the context of their own values and preferences.
  • PSA-based screening for prostate cancer is not recommended for individuals 70 years and older.

Currently, Medicare provides coverage for an annual PSA test for all Medicare-eligible individuals ages 50 and older. Many private insurers cover PSA screening as well.

Is the PSA test recommended for prostate cancer screening?

Beginning around 2008, as more was learned about both the benefits and harms of prostate cancer screening, a number of professional medical organizations began to caution against routine population screening with the PSA test. Most organizations recommend that individuals who are considering PSA screening first discuss the risks and benefits with their doctors.

Some organizations do recommend that men who are at higher risk of prostate cancer begin PSA screening at age 40 or 45. These include Black men, men with germline variants in BRCA2 (and to a lesser extent, in BRCA1 ), and men whose father or brother had prostate cancer.

In 2018, the United States Preventive Serves Task Force (USPSTF) updated its recommendation statement for prostate cancer screeningExit Disclaimer from a “D” (not recommended) to a “C” (selectively offering PSA-based screening based on professional judgment and patient preferences) in men ages 55 to 69. (The USPSTF continues to recommend against PSA screening for men 70 years and older.) The updated recommendation, which applies to the general population as well as those at increased risk due to race/ethnicity or family history, is as follows:

• For individuals ages 55 to 69 years, the decision to undergo periodic PSA-based screening for prostate cancer should be an individual one. Before making the decision, a person should discuss the potential benefits and harms of screening with their clinician and consider these in the context of their own values and preferences.
  • PSA-based screening for prostate cancer is not recommended for individuals 70 years and older.

Currently, Medicare provides coverage for an annual PSA test for all Medicare-eligible individuals ages 50 and older. Many private insurers cover PSA screening as well.

You can see a temporary increase in PSA within 48 hours of intercourse, riding a bike, even following heavy squats.

1 Like