485 Double By 150 Lb. Oly Lifter

http://www.olmagazine.citymax.com/page/page/1801505.htm

AMAZING!

If that is not amazing enough, according to the photographer that was his “light” day because he had just got off a 14+ hour flight from China. BTW he did 5 sets of doubles with that 220kilos.

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:

AMAZING![/quote]

Pretty much says it all!

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:

AMAZING![/quote]

You should see those guy’s squat jerks, it’s just insane. Zhang drops to a position that looks like a deep power-squat… but with the bar overhead.

I’ll see if I can dig up pics, but it’s hard to find anything with good OL coverage online.

Nick

That is great, I love OL and training videos, keep’em coming!

That’s amazing. I’ve got a cousin who has a 1745 total at 148. His squat is 733, bench is 484 and dead is 528.

AHEX, why does it always have to resort to “I can top that.” Just fucking appreciate to original post. If you want to post footage of your cousin then do it, otherwise we don’t careand stop hijacking.

Zhang is probably the best squat jerker of alltime (at least depth wise). Although Dimas was pretty damn good too.

To you PLs out there what do think he could squat in a suit, with wraps, belt, wide stance, and low bar, seriously I don’t that is a backhanded insulting question. BTW I hear his PR OL style squat 270kg.

[quote]Crow wrote:
AHEX, why does it always have to resort to “I can top that.” Just fucking appreciate to original post. If you want to post footage of your cousin then do it, otherwise we don’t careand stop hijacking.

Zhang is probably the best squat jerker of alltime (at least depth wise). Although Dimas was pretty damn good too.

To you PLs out there what do think he could squat in a suit, with wraps, belt, wide stance, and low bar, seriously I don’t that is a backhanded insulting question. BTW I hear his PR OL style squat 270kg.[/quote]

It wasn’t an attempt at a hijack. Just stating how fucking amazing some of these guys are. I outweigh Zhang by about 30lbs and I would crumble under his lift. Fucking relax.

My best in contest is a 496 @ 165, and I did that in a single ply Titan Dual Quad, THP knee wraps, and a powerbelt. What Zhang can do definitely puts my ass to shame. UNBELIEVABLE.

beef

[quote]Crow wrote:
AHEX, why does it always have to resort to “I can top that.” Just fucking appreciate to original post. If you want to post footage of your cousin then do it, otherwise we don’t careand stop hijacking.[/quote]

Oh I just assumed he was joking around.

The whole “oh well I have a brother, cousin, former roomate, whatever that can top that” is so cliche I didn’t take it seriously. I thought there’s been whole threads on how this is the defensive gym weenie’s first line of response.

BTW, I’ve read Zhang’s max is 270 (605lbs.), and of course that would be a full squat, not a half squat.

Nick

Yea, and remember, the O-lifts rely on momentum.

Is that good form on that? I thought he was getting a little knockneed on the way up. Not trying to put it down, just have heard you shouldn’t let your knees drift in like that, or is that only for powerlifting?

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
Yea, and remember, the O-lifts rely on momentum. [/quote]

…and speed, and strength, and power, and technique, and flexibilty, and a big set of balls…am I forgetting anything…? Oh I am…what "momentum helps you break the weight off the floor? What “momentum” helps you keep your torso perfectly rigid on the catch and your guts from exploding out your anus? And what “momentum” keeps your shoulders from ripping out on the catch of the snatch? And what “momentum” helps you keep your chest from collapsing when you have 400lbs balanced across it just before you drive the bar over your head on the jerk? Perhaps Olympic lifters could lift more weight if they wore groove briefs, a triple ply denim/nylon/whatever suit, 5 feet of knee wrap on each knee, and a belt 5 inches wide and a 1/2 inch thick…OH YEAH–THEY COULDN’T! CAUSE YOU GOT TO BE ABLE TO BEND DOWN TO REACH THE FRIGGIN’ BAR!

REMEMBER THIS: Weightlifters are athletes, powerlifters are just strong!

jesus christ. awesome lift, but his legs are everywhere when he squats, imagine how much more he’d lift if he fixed that. and his back is freaking stacked.

ahex740 relax, dude I’m just busten your balls, no disrespect intended. Has anyone else seen the 1998 Ironmind Bulgurian training hall video where a 56kg lifter(I forget his name) front squats 210kg after he clean and jerks 170. That was fucking amazing.

Very Impressive!

He looks like he could have gotten another two anyway. Pretty impressive stuff!

Relax on critiqing his leg movement. He is opening his knees so he can squat “between” his ankles. If his knees translate inward during the accent, well shit happens, that was a very heavy load. Geoff, my man, I think (I hope) the momentum comment was a joke. Only an idiot would say momentum was the reason for that squat and not raw strength.

That’s pretty kick ass. Do you (or anyone else) know where I can get a good animation avatar (max. 80x80) of a guy doing a snatch? I’d like to find one, if I can…

Geoff,

Realx, it’s pretty obvious I was kidding. Man, some of you people.