46yr old Low Normal T on HRT, My Story

Ok latest blood values, this is 8 weeks into 100mg T-Cyp e3d, 250iu hcg e2d and .25mg anastrazole e2d:

Total Testosterone: 1071ng 250-1100 ng/dL
SHBG: 24 10.0-50 nmol/L
Prolactin: 5.8 2.5-17.0 ng/mL
Estradiol: 25 0-56 pg/mL
DHEA SULFATE: 96 45-345 mcg/dL

So looks like I’m dialed in pretty good now. Going to look into blasting and cruising to do a couple of cycles for mass gain, since PCT is no longer an issue for this old dog.

I feel pretty damned good, I’m hitting PR’s on lifts and recovering much faster now, so much so that I can work out 6 days a week now.

Thank you for the forum and those willing to contribute their hard earned knowledge.

Anyone have ratios for Testosterone to AI? I know it’s not a linear progression for dosing, but are there any rules of thumb AFTER THE FIRST 100mg of T?

1mg/week per 100mg Tester per week, you are taking .875mg/week

or TT/900 * 1 mg/week and one could do some scaling by body weight for heavier guys

above is for normal responders

That is a guide line. Once you have labs you do this.

If E2=22 is your target:

R2/22 * old AI dose = 25/22 * .25mg/dose * 3.5 dose/week = .9943 mg/week. Lets call that 1mg/week [surprise!]. To make fine dose adjustments, you need a liquid RC product.

It is quite linear for the low doses used to modulate E2 in a TRT context.

Guess I’m an over responder, my e2 came back at 25 after 8 weeks at 200mg/week of t-cyp (.5ml of 200mg/mL t-cyp e3d), 250ui hcg e2d and .25mg anastrazole e2d.

THoughts?

[quote]KSman wrote:
1mg/week per 100mg Tester per week, you are taking .875mg/week

or TT/900 * 1 mg/week and one could do some scaling by body weight for heavier guys

above is for normal responders

That is a guide line. Once you have labs you do this.

If E2=22 is your target:

R2/22 * old AI dose = 25/22 * .25mg/dose * 3.5 dose/week = .9943 mg/week. Lets call that 1mg/week [surprise!]. To make fine dose adjustments, you need a liquid RC product.

It is quite linear for the low doses used to modulate E2 in a TRT context.[/quote]

You are a hyper metabolizer of T. So with the high dose one might expect a need for a large amount of anastrozole. However, your AI use makes sense against your T levels.

I’m about to crank up my arimidex to .3mg e2d. Today specifically I’m feeling moody like a flippin’ bitch. It’s funny to get to the point where you have enough time under your belt with this stuff to be able to recognize the effect all these things have on your body. This morning I felt like I didn’t want to get out of bed, I felt like crying.

Last time I felt this way I was on transdermal T and my HPTA had completely shut down after about 2 weeks of feeling great, my T was in the low 100’s and my e2 was high. I’m thinking that my e2 is in the high 30’s again just based on the way I feel today.

Does anyone have suggestions on when to do blood draws (in relation to when the last doses of T and Anastrazole were taken) to get a good grip on where my numbers hover?

*this is the first time I’ve felt like this after about 12 weeks of injectables - I really never want to feel like this again…good news is that my nipples aren’t itchy…

3%er

I have read several of your posts could you help me with a two questions.

1. I understand that e2 should be about 22, can you describe the issues when it is low and high of that number. It seems like joint pain when the numbers are low and lack of energy when it is high - what are the other issues? How about mental sharpness and feeling of well being?

Slightly off topic…
2) As a former competitive natural bodybuilder I am very interested in the gains you have achieved on TRT. I am meeting with a Dr. today to discuss if I will get started as I have low normal test. On of the factors I am weighing is the gains I would likely see in the gym and likelihood of getting my old body back. Can you tell me how much your arm size changed (if you know) and the weights increased? Were you fully trained prior to TRT or do you think some of your gains would have come anyway. If you want you can respond on my thread (memory and strength/mass gains) so I do not junk up this one with Bodybuilding / TRT talk if it is off topic you are on. Thank you

1. I’ve experienced both the joint pain when presumably I’ve gone too low, and being a bitchy depressed cunt when I presume my levels are too high. I’ve adjusted my current dosage to .30mg e2d and I feel great. Work in progress.

2. I’ started lifting 2 years ago with little to no gains, I suspected being low t. I do not have a fitness background.

3. I think have some good gains left in me without blasting, and will go at it for 6months to see if this is the case on non supra physiological levels of T.

Not happy with what is occurring with my sack. I’m on standard protocol of 250iu e2d and .3mg anastrazole e2d, my e2 is 25. My boys just aren’t doing too well. Yes this is a vanity inspired post. Wondering if anyone has seen this and if increasing hcg dosage might help. My testicles seem to bunch up against my body in 70f plus temps, like its -30f. And they ache ever so slightly. Anyone?

Does it make sense to increase my hcg dosage?

Just had bloodwork done, my TT level are 1175ng/dL on 348-1197 and my e2 came back as 60.5pg/mL  on  7.6-42.6.

My current ai is anastrazole .3mg e2d.

Can I get a hand with the calculation to figure out a good target dosage for ai to get back down into the 20’s?

New dose is 0.3mg * 60.5/22 = 0.825 E2D or ~3.0mg/week

That seems way too high. Something is wrong. Are you using RC or Rx

Is hCG working? Was it shipped wet or dry. Can be damaged in shipping if wet. A home pregnancy test should read positive.

Anastrozole can be ineffective if LH and/or hCG stimulation of testes is too high. With high hCG doses we see this, typically not normally an issue at 250iu EOD. However, we have seen 2 or 3 cases here where that is too much hCG and AI could not control E2. So if your anastrozole is not the problem, assume that hCG might be. This does conflict with your earlier post re hCG and testes.

Thank you for the quick response KSMAN.

I’ve stayed at 250iu of hcg e2d, it’s pharma grade dry and I reconstitute - get it from my doc.

My anastrazole is in pill form. I’d diluted each 1mg pill in 1cc of vodka and was using that, but I’ve recently ordered it in 1mg/1mL liquid from a peptides site that is supposedly well respected - was going to finish my home made stuff and start with the new stuff. I’m going to start at the new dose you’ve laid out below and look for the aching joints, etc. I want to get my e2 knocked down ASAP.

Didn’t measure LH in this last round of bloodwork. The only other thing of note is my DHEA:

DHEA-Sulfate 331.7 H ug/dL 44.3-331.0

I’ve been supplementing at 50mg e1d DHEA at the suggestion of my HRT doc.

Any further thoughts?

I’ll redo bloodwork in 30 days. I was wondering if you knew the Labcorp test numbers that I should be using for e2 and tt? I was under the impression that there were more accurate tests than the ones I’m doing. I’m using LEF as well.

[quote]KSman wrote:
New dose is 0.3mg * 60.5/22 = 0.825 E2D or ~3.0mg/week

That seems way too high. Something is wrong. Are you using RC or Rx

Is hCG working? Was it shipped wet or dry. Can be damaged in shipping if wet. A home pregnancy test should read positive.

Anastrozole can be ineffective if LH and/or hCG stimulation of testes is too high. With high hCG doses we see this, typically not normally an issue at 250iu EOD. However, we have seen 2 or 3 cases here where that is too much hCG and AI could not control E2. So if your anastrozole is not the problem, assume that hCG might be. This does conflict with your earlier post re hCG and testes.

[/quote]

KSman has stated in a couple different threads that DHEA can bump up E2 so if that is a new addition, you may look there. Increasing hCG will have the same effect, requiring more AI to battle increase aromatose. That’s a really big jump for your DHEA-S. Was the lab drawn after you took your DHEA or something? I got about 50pts with 50mg DHEA and 100mg 7ketoDHEA.

[quote]threepercenter wrote:
Not happy with what is occurring with my sack. I’m on standard protocol of 250iu e2d and .3mg anastrazole e2d, my e2 is 25. My boys just aren’t doing too well. Yes this is a vanity inspired post. Wondering if anyone has seen this and if increasing hcg dosage might help. My testicles seem to bunch up against my body in 70f plus temps, like its -30f. And they ache ever so slightly. Anyone?

Does it make sense to increase my hcg dosage?[/quote]

I have played around a lot with hCG as I have tried hCG monotherapy before committing to TRT and had run as high as 300iu every day. I started with 300iu 2x/week and have now settled at 600iu 2x/week. 500iu still left me small and tight. 600iu and I seem to be big and hanging out. I’ll manipulate it more in the future as I keep trying to hone in. How long have you had the hcg reconstituted? It’s refrigerated, correct? Some say there is a shelf life of 30 days when reconstituted.

And don’t bother paying for LH levels- they are irrelevant at this stage in your process

My hcg is about 60 days old and refrigerated, about to run out the wife takes some per her HRT regimen as well. Hrm wonder about the dhea. Going to cut it out.

Here are my DHEA numbers I started supplementing DHEA between the last two labs:

DHEA-S
193 45-345mcg/dL
147 80.0-560.0ug/dL
96 45-345 mcg/dL
331.7 44.3-331.0� ug/dL

Yes I’ve changed labs a few times :slight_smile:

Do they dispense 10k iu or 5k iu on yoru hCG? That may help make sure it is fresher although cost becomes an issue. What are you using to reconstitute? Bac water?

Mine is procured other ways than Rx but it is 5000iu so I am using it up in about 5 weeks time and therefore is good to go. If it starts to look cloudy you may have some over the hill hCG on your hands.

You could try halving teh DHEA as you seem to respond great to it. Look into 7ketoDHEA- I believe one of the benefits of it is decreased aromatose activity although admittedly I have forgotten why I use it and not just DHEA. Medium to high levels of DHEA are supposed to be beneficial but I am not so sure I noticed any change when I bumped up so I too am contemplating its usage

It’s 10k my wife uses 500ui weekly so I go through it fairly quickly. I’m fairly sure it’s gtg, pay 165 USD for a vial. My HRT doc suggested the dhea supplementation as a way to increase “feeling of wellness”. Since my levels were ok to start maybe ill cut it out altogether.

Update: several doses of anastrazole at the new amount suggested have stabilized my moods a great deal and presumably by controlling my e2 . A few more weeks and new blood draw to find out. Thanks.

Try Maca Root. I forget if it boosts Testoterone or blocks Estrogen or both. Either way my ability to get strong enough to do Chin ups, Pull Ups, and Parallel Bar Dips for the first time ever at a weight of 242 lbs and aged 48 I trace back to my taking Maca Root. Worth a flier before you get into the artificial stuff.

Just got bloodwork back. on 0.825 anastrazole e2d, as suggested by the indomitable KSMAN my e2 is at 7.6 - time to back off a bit. Was thinking of going to .5 e2d - any suggestions?

Using (0.825*7.6)/22= 0.285 which was my original dose before I spiked e2, is it possible that my DHEA supplementation was to blame? I’ve cut DHEA out for about 5 weeks now.